Cupid

"What do you mean Hiccup?" I ask in total confusion, he just spouted it out of nowhere.

"I was hired under the name of Jaspar. I am not quite familiar with the names of the Hell Royal Family. But I was ordered to kill Jack ... I have no idea why." Hiccup elaborates.

"Yes. You could've never defeated Jack." I add.

Hiccup looks at me with a blank face, "He is Demon Royalty that possesses power that exceeds many beings. However, I never knew he was one until my father explained his encounter with that bastard."

"Why didn't you end up executing your plan of ... executing?"

"I saw you." He tells me, "Angels are the force of peace and allegiance with the higher power. I did trap him with flames, but I thought my success ended when I saw you. If you witnessed that ... I would've been executed by the Angel Council."

"Angels don't meddle with other affairs." I affirm.

"Incorrect. The Re-Written Mutual Agreement gives jurisdiction to the Angel Council to act on enforcing 'law' on behalf of God. Including external affairs." He explains, "It wasn't too long since the Agreement was announced and I suddenly come upon an Angel, my assumptions were fair."

"... Is that why you spent time with me to deter Jack. So you can get me out of the way and attempt to kill him?" I ask.

"Yes. But he was so adamant on staying." Hiccup tells me, "We were both irritated in that situation."

Just when I thought Jaspar's appearance was a surprise, it shouldn't of.

I'm glad that Jack's possessiveness and wariness with Hiccup led him to keep trailing us that day. If Jack was not in my field of sight, Hiccup would've probably died and Jack would've killed ...

I now feel incredibly guilty for testing Jack.

"I fled after that and returned the money to the client. Jaspar was cloaked in this poisonous gas, so I was afraid he'd be aggressive after I said I couldn't kill Jack. But he was calm." He says.

"He expected it." I mutter.

But why? What's the point of sending Hiccup to kill but not expecting him to kill? What is he up to?

"After he left ... my eyes felt a sense of relief."

"You're eyes?" I repeat.

"I suspect he enchanted me or something. But I don't know what for."

"It's a similar case to Flynn Ryder. But he was completely possessed." I say, "I believe he wanted to observe us first through you, then by possessing Flynn he initiates the actions."

"We need to find out what Jaspar is up to." I encourage Hiccup, "His plan entails more than just combat. He's going to play dirty."

"But isn't it better this way?" Hiccup asks, "Once Jack becomes King he'll have greater responsibilities and he must conform to the traditions of Hell. That means if you continue to serve, you'll serve another prince. And he will go on to have many wives, all demon."

There it is ... that slap of reality, traditions and divide crushed my fantasies in an instant. Responsibilities and obligations rendering my feelings for Jack to be worthless.

All I am is a servant.

"That is true." I respond in complete sadness as I look down.

"Why are you so down, Cupid? You must've thought about this." Hiccup says.

"No, actually." I answer back, "But since I am emotionally invested in him, I must do what I can to help him. If he wants to become King, I'll help him."

"That makes no sense whatsoever ..." Hiccup comments, "If you want to be with someone, then shouldn't you be greedy?"

I look up at him and smile, "I should be. But I have a stronger urge to give him everything instead."

"I don't understand." He says.

"You don't have to." I respond with a grin and he looks at me in bewilderment.

"Now are you going to help me or what?!" She exclaims, shaking my body back and forth with her hands on my shoulders.

"No. I need that royal cha-ching." He tells me, "I know you angel ... you get into trouble, and you love it. If I am negligent at my job I will lose that amount of money."

"Why are you all about money? Don't you have anything else that motivates you? Such as morals." I go on.

"Yes. A nice watch."

I look at him blankly and roll my eyes. How can I initiate my plan if this dragon-rider is in my way? The first obstacle is proving hard to impede.

"You are forgetting that you are a small angel with zero skill or defence mechanism when you are up against dangerous situations. Especially, if you're trying to bring down Jaspar, a royal! What I've heard is that he is very powerful and ruthless." Hiccup explains with exaggeration, but not really.

Hmph. I know what to do.

"Is that so?" I ask and tap my chin then cross my arms, "That's why I asked you for help. When I saw you, as my guard I couldn't help but feel safe and protected. If I ever find myself in danger, you'll be by my side and I'll feel so assured I'm accompanied by a strong, powerful and trustworthy soul-reaper."

That speech was deliberately to boost his ego, he needs a re-charge of it. I gloat while closing my eyes and slightly smiling to myself.

There's this silence, I open my eyes slowly and I see Hiccup ...

Blushing like crazy.

_______________________

A/N

You want more don't you?? 

I will try to post as much as I can over the next 2 days then I'll officially announce my hiatus/ "season break"

I HAVE TO GUYS. MY FUTURE DEPENDS ON IT.

You guys probably need to stop reading to, you probably have examinations like me ;(