Vol. 2 Modern Ages

I wake up, I stretch my arms and yawn.

... What's wrong with the Prince? Rapunzel was the perfect prophet.

I look over at the bed, tussled bed sheets and it's unoccupied, The Prince is up already.

I grab a fork and brush my hair, it's the only comb thingy here. I walk over to the weapon room, The Prince is there sorting things out.

"... So what are we looking for in a Prophet?" I ask him.

"They must be a loner, they can't have anyone close to them. They have to be disciplined too." He tells me in one tone, it seems he's still upset about Rapunzel.

"Why can't we just get Rapunzel back?!" I suggest, raising my voice.

"Because ... she has left on her own will, God picked her as a Prophet, she was suppose to leave a long time ago." The Prince explains.

"... W-where did she go?" I ask, getting worried.

"Who knows?" He sighs, "Since she left me, it is my duty to find a new one or else the other spiritual kingdoms in between Heaven and Hell will lose contact."

"So do you just randomly grant a disciplined loner with the power of a Prophet?" I ask him and cross my arms.

"No, I give the candidate a paper of Prayer. They will choose to pray with it and they are sent to God, he decides whether to make the person a Prophet." He explains.

"Can't you just make the person a Prophet?"

"The person will be granted with the powers of a Prophet, which are travelling through worlds and kingdoms and immortality. In the wrong hands, it'll be destructive." The Prince says, "But I must find the perfect candidate, or else I will waste God's time."

"Wow ... they have a lot of power considering they basically give out mail." I say.

"Communication is very important, the spiritual kingdoms cannot function without it," He explains, "Anyway grab the satchel and let's go."

He finishes suiting up, we both fly to the portal with the Gatekeeper standing tall, and he has more gear than usual.

"Gatekeeper, hopefully you won't fail your duty in guarding the portal again." The Prince says sternly to him.

"Sorry my Prince, I have added extra armor and security ensure it will not happen again." The Gatekeeper responds.

The Prince sighs, "Beside that we'd like to visit a mortal world."

"Which realm your majesty?" He asks.

The Prince looks at me, "Take your pick."

"Hmm ... modern ages." I answer.

The Prince's face sunk, "You picked the worse one."

"Huh? How am I suppose to know which realm is good or bad?!" I raise my voice.

"Ugh, fine." He rolls his eyes.

"As you wish." The Gatekeeper says and moves aside.

The Prince and I walk into the portal and suddenly we walk into such a stressful environment.

My instant reaction was, "Gah! What is this place?! It's so intimidating!" I stressfully shout.

"We coincidentally found ourselves in a city." The Prince says, "Sanfransokyo."

"... Sanfran- what?"

"Let's just get off the road." The Prince says and suprisingly grabs my wrist and he pulls me away to a more peaceful ground.

"Y-you know this place?" I ask him.

"I made one trip, for educational purposes. But never wanted to visit again." He answers, "I don't want to be involved in a culture where people are obsessed with the shaking of the ass."

I jump up in suprise, "... I really did pick the worst one. But there must be something good."

"The evolution of technology has led them to share challenges which make their lips go fat, communicate with a Mexican child, 'Don't judge me' challenge which I simply don't get and the more recent one ... the condom challenge." He explains with such distaste.

I tilt my head, "What's a condom?"

"Let's just find a candidate." He says.

"Do we have to find one?" I ask.

"Perhaps 2 or 3." He says, "But we are ultimately looking for one."

"How can we look for one in such a strange society?" I ask him.

"Even in a bunch of weirdos there must be a normal person." He says, surprisingly optimistic.

I look next to us and see a cafè and I point to it, "How about here?"

"Okay we'll start to search here." He says.

We go inside, my angel instincts can tell if there is a good person in here, I don't know but I can just feel it. But I can also feel a dark aura coming from upstairs.

I go up there and find a boy, he looks like he's in his teens.

He see him internally grieving in his mind, lying down on a fat cushion seat.

The Prince joins me, "Maybe he can be the one. Rapunzel was sad on the mortal world but became happier working as a prophet."

"Maybe that's not that case." I say to him.

"I need to know his backstory before I can make him a prophet." The Prince tells me, "... The only easy way to obtain his memories is by possessing him."

I stagger back, "H-how?!" I exclaim.

"Possessing someone requires a lot of spiritual energy." The Prince explains, "Depending on how much strength he has, it will be hard to take his body. Since he is in a weak state, it'll be easier for me to possess him."

"... Okay." I mutter, unsure.

... what could go wrong?

The Prince touches the boy's forehead and the boy jumps up, he can tell there is a presence of another. The Prince also touches his heart, he closes his eyes and walks into him. The soul of the boy, is hanging onto his mouth.

The boy's eyes suddenly change into black.

The boy huffs in exhaustion, "That was tiring."

"But you did it." I say and smile at him.

"His name is Hiro Hamada, he has very small memories of his deceased parents and his brother just recently died." He says, with Hiro's voice, the whole thing is weird.

"... So can we put him up for a candidate?" I ask.

"No, this boy has potential, he's extremely smart for his age. He will do good in the future he just needs to make it past this rough patch." He explains then The Prince dives out of Hiro's body, panting heavily.

Hiro sucks his soul back in, confused of what just happened.

"Did I blank out?" He asks himself then gets up and walks around.

I place my hand on his shoulder, "Don't worry it'll be okay, stay strong." I whisper in his ear.

Hiro jumps up in suprise and stubs his foot.

The Prince pulls me away, "Come on, we need to find another candidate."

A/N

RUUUUUUN DON'T TELL ME BYE BYE RUUUUUUN YOU MAKE ME CRY CRY RUUUUUUN LOVE IS A LIE LIE, DON'T TELL ME, DON'T TELL ME BYE BYE BYE

*them feels
never fade away

I was suppose to publish this yesterday, but I forgot to press 'Publish' lol soz.