Vol. 3 Missing

He left. Jack has gone missing.

"Jack you idiot." I mummble to myself and tighten my fist.

"But you can find him right? You have an enchanted globe." I suggest to Jenx.

"But once we find him he will go off again. It is a waste of effort he should arrive when he wants to." She tells me.

I felt my blood boiling inside of me, but soon I calmed down looking to the positives. He will come back ... right?

I should trust him but how could I? He left me. No ... he didn't leave me he just wanted to have some peace.

My mind is wavering, and uncertain of what to think of Jack.

"Just come stay with us." Jenx offers.

Forever?

"Okay." I accept.

We return to her lair and I felt strange, like I was by myself.

"Jenx, how do you know that Jack left? He might of been kidnapped or something." I say.

"With my own eyes I saw him leave. It was predictable though, he couldn't even look at himself and he didn't want others to see him in that state too." She explains.

I look down to the ground.

"Especially you." Jenx adds.

"That won't make me feel better," I mutter, "But thanks."

"Listen Elsa, you better keep your head up. Dunbroch is a very spiritual place and spirits will try to feed on anything weak. So be careful." She tells me, "Jack is gone so you have no one to protect you, even I won't be guarding you like Jack does."

I nod.

"So ... what now?" I ask.

"We help recover this land. Fix the impact." Jenx responds, "If some tragedy happened to the people of Dunbroch I would let them recover themselves. But this was our fault."

"But what am I suppose to do?" I ask her.

"I will create a barrier around the castle to block out the bad auras of people. You can just run some errands." She says.

"Errands?" I repeat blinking my eyes several times.

"Yes, there is really nothing else you could do." She tells me.

That hit hard. It hit really hard because it was the truth, no matter what contribution I can make in the end all I can do is run errands.

"Jenx, how did you know how to perform magic and fight?" I ask her.

She pulls out her arm and flexes, "Hard work." She chuckles.

I envy her.

"But right now Angel, I want you to harvest some things so I can make a barrier." She says, "I would get my own Angel Children to get the stuff but you know, they are still kids."

"I understand. At least I can do something." I respond.

Jenx smiles sincerely.

"I want you to snatch something from a native." She tells me.

I nod, it's for a good cause.

"I will teleport you." Jenx offers.

"No. I'll go there myself." I refuse.

"Be careful. No one is escorting you." She reminds me.

"I'm fine!" I assure her and I leave her place.

Jenx is constantly reminding me that I am weak and helpless. That I need protection.

I stomp out in anger. And I get myself in the forest I first met Merida. The spiritual forest.

It kept me calm, it reminded me of Dunbroch before the tragedy. The forest looked untouched.

I sigh and I hear a small rough growl. I turn around and deep in the forest it was pitch black. I saw eyes staring right at me.

"An angel ... huh?" I heard a high pitch voice say.

"Looks appetizing." Another voice with a deep tone says.

Oh no.

It's them, the spirits that want to eat you and corrupt you.

I move fast but I can hear the rustling in the leaves following my direction.

I was focused on fleeing than facing them to fight, because I didn't know what to do.

Suddenly a huge force pulls me down and I take a good look at these spirits. One of them was purple and plump with eyeballs around its body and the other one was green and had a large single eye. They both looked gunky and gelatinous.

"Let us feast!" The purple one announces and they both try to come at me I swing my wings into them but they don't budge.

A zap of light appeared behind them and the bad spirits jump in suprise.

... Jack?

They suddenly plummet into the ground and deteriorate.

I saw the attackers face. It was Jenx.

"I got Amethyst to watch you on the globe. I told you to be careful yet you walk into a spiritual forest." She sighs.

"I am sick of this." I mutter, Jenx looks confused.

"I don't want to feel helpless. I don't want to flee. I don't want to be careful or burden people into protecting me." I explain with a shaky voice.

"It can't be helped-"

"No." I interrupt her, "Jenx, teach me how to fight."

A/N

Sorry; it's been a while since I updated I have been through a lot last couple of days.

BUT, I really do not appreciate the people rudely telling me to update. I always try my best to update and I really don't like not updating on time but I try my best. But naturally I am busy, and I go through all my time to be able to produce something for you shippers.

So you guys really shouldn't be rude. I see this going on very often now and if this keeps going I will discontinue the book, which won't happen at the moment but if this spirals out of control I will do so.

This is only for the RUDE people you can feel free to ask me to update it's okay just don't make it rude.