Immortality

After he told me such a thing, I was forced to play some sort of a role. Like I was apart of a bigger much greater devious plan.

"Who are you?!" I demanded as he stood there with his arms crossed, and that wide smirk on his face.

"That doesn't matter." The demon deflected an answer, he seemed only interested in possessing my body.  He talked through what to do when I suddenly wake up, to play a part ...

I could not protest against him, that evil bastard has something dear against me, and he takes pleasure exploiting that.

"We shall begin now." He says and completely knocks me out with the amount of smoke surrounding him, it enters my nose and travels through my system. I coughed heavily and passed out on the floor.

When I woke up, I felt this immense pain in my back and I was randomly suspended in the air, the pulling of my hair I felt and I looked right in front of me and it's him ... the demon that the other demon told me about. Holding my from my precious hair.

... Glad that the demon that possessed me chose such an ironic time to put me back in control of my body. 

I was threatened by this Demon Prince I was told about, playing the role of 'me' but way more sinister and perverted, and then finally revealed the spot in which I was told to tell them. The stone circle place thing, Stonehenge or something like that.

These group I was suddenly presented towards are discussing this place, I've done my job, but I need to escape, I need to see if Rapunzel is fine.

The Demon Prince, threatened me about taking the small part of demon soul away from me, I've got to escape before they finish this quest of theirs. They cannot take it away from me. But I also can't piss them off, because they will take it too. 

I agreed to help, but with escape in mind.

I had to be the distraction in the ritual, but I awkwardly stood there telling them to stop. 

... I won't get another chance for escape, I quickly bolted into the woods. 

I ran as fast as I could being brushed by branches and thorns, I could not stop, I had to keep running.

I quickly paid my teleportation fee and went straight to Corona, I turn my back and there is no one there.

I sighed in relief, my life can be peaceful again.

Once I saw Rapunzel, I felt her warmth and strong presence ... it strengthened me and soon made me forgot about my dilemma ... for a while.

I still feel haunted, with slight heaviness in my heart.

"How was your quest of redemption?" Rapunzel asks while holding a hot apple pie with her bare hands and drops it onto the table.

"Quest for redemption?" I repeat.

"Yeah, before you left you said you had to redeem your sins as a thief. Although I did tell you not to go, you gave me one serious kiss then left." She tells me giggling.

I tighten my fists, ah! Technically that demon kissed her!

"Well, I guess I'm redeemed?" I said, then Rapunzel quickly rushed into my arms and tightly hugs me.

Rapunzel then cuts me a piece of pie and places it on my plate. Rapunzel moves around uncomfortably in her chair.

I stop eating this divine pie, and drop everything. I carefully examine Rapunzel's face.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Well ... you know how I'm immortal even without this Prophet position, due to me being attached with the flower that grants you immortality." She says fidgeting, "And that it would be nice to spend the same lifespan together."

An eyebrow raised.

"I sent a letter to the past, sending a certain person who is trapped in that world to destroy the connection between the flower and I." She told me.

I took long blinks. 

"What?!" I exclaimed, "Couldn't of you just done it yourself?"

"During that time period, there was only one mother of all golden flowers. Over time they duplicate. If I were to do it myself, I would have to rid all the mother golden flowers, and that would be practically impossible," She explains, but the she looks at me contently and smiles.

"It's okay," I sigh, "It shows how much we love each other."

"Also, I collected all your wanted posters while you were gone," She laughs, "I had a blast, when tearing them down."

"I'm going to sleep, before you roast my nose." I yawn. I enter into the bedroom and light all the candles to see she hung all the wanted posters hung.

"They will never get my nose right ..." I mutter to myself.

After a while, it seemed peaceful. Rapunzel would finally go and officially resign her position as the Prophet and we could go live like any normal couple. The heaviness in my heart faded away and everything seemed right in the world. This is how it's suppose to be.

It was dinner tie, and Rapunzel prepared a nice feast.

"Let's get drunk for tomorrow!" Rapunzel screamed.

I screamed too, "Damn right! Resignation never felt so good!"

A large gust of wind disrupts us, and all the candles flicker off, a strange portal appears in front of us and closes. We can't see anything since it's pitch black, and I could hear the footsteps slowly walk towards us.

I could only see glowing red eyes, in the distance.

"Who are you?!" Rapunzel shouts.

The room suddenly lights up with a flame and the flame is transferred into the candles.

I could see his face ...! It's the same demon from before! What's he after now?!

"Jaspar!" Rapunzel gasps, "Why are you here?!"

I look to her, "You know this guy?" Better not be some crazy ex ...

"I lived in the same house as him, he is one of the selected Demon Royalty."

This Jaspar kid seemed annoyed and irritated, like he can't get something off his mind.

"Thank you for going through everything I set out Flynn," Jaspar says, "But it seems part of my secret was exposed, and I can't afford to let anything out."

"What's he on about Eugene?!" Rapunzel exclaims, but I ignore her and continue staring at Jaspar in shock.

"You know everything," Jaspar tells me, "So I guess, I have to kill you."

Jaspar turns into smoke form and poisons me with his toxic black gas, that suffocates me from the inside, I could just hear Rapunzel faint blood curdling screams and her crying, holding onto my chest.

Then it stops, I caress Rapunzel's face.

Then I clearly hear her shout, "God, I hereby resign my role as Prophet and give it to Flynn Rider! With my remaining life energy ... I save Eugene!" 

I lose consciousness, I wake up and I see a pile of dust on my chest ...

Rapunzel sacrificed her remaining mortal life energy ... so I could live ...