Chapter 11- Bright Lights

What can I say, when Mr. Big and famous came along to my office I wasn’t the most pleased. Back then I could have lived my life never speaking of him, never seeing him, never hearing a word about Harry and lived happily. It’s weird to say that now though, because I don’t think my life would be anything without the boys. Yeah it’s not easy, but I would never be as happy as I am now, if I was to never have them in my life. So, I had just found out about Octavia and Harry, and boy if I didn’t like her back then….well let’s just say she still isn’t that pleasant. Enough of my blabbering though, I’m sure you want to hear the rest of my story.

Chapter 11

“Well then Harry looks like your taste, is well lacking. Who am I to judge though, I could care less who has my sloppy seconds. I’m sure you two can talk privately in the employee lounge, as long as you two get out of my way. We are running a business here, and obviously I am the only one caring to do anything.  Now if you don’t mind I have things to tend to.”  Octavia says with jealousy laced in her tone.

She may be trying to act like she doesn’t care, but it’s clear to all of us that’s exactly the opposite of how she feels. By the look on Harry’s face he is getting a kick out of it.

“Glad to see you so chipper Octavia. I would love nothing more than to talk to Georgia in private. I think we have things to tend to as well” Harry winks at me, and it takes everything in me not to roll my eyes and scoff at his fake attempts.

I don’t know why I don’t roll my eyes though,  I guess a part of me  just loves pissing Octavia off as much as Harry is. I mean Octavia has been the worst ever since she started here; it’s nice to see the tables turned. I guess I’ll just play along for a second.

I put on a shy smile, and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

“Yeah I think we do have some things to tend to, thank you Octavia the employee lounge is just the perfect place us to go, Harry. I mean it’s the perfect place for some privacy.” I wink at Harry and grab his arm to drag him to the employee lounge. Instead Harry grabs my hand and waves a good bye to both Annie and Octavia.

I drag him out of the room before he can say a goodbye, and make my way to the lounge in silence.  Harry tries to talk to me, but I shush him before he can even form a sentence. I open the door, going inside and letting go of his hand. I lock the door behind me, and turn to talk to him.

“I’m so glad we can talk in private. I have been searching everywhere for you.” Harry says smiling at me.

“Cut the act Harry.” I tell him while crossing my arms.

“What act?” Harry asks with a now confused look on his face.

“Don’t play dumb with me Harry. Everyone else may not be able to see right through it, but I do so stop acting” I tell him