-Chapter 22-

No need to worry anymore guys, an update is here!

Almost got 100 comments last chapter-wow! Please keep it up! Almost to 1K comments!

Here's what you guys have all been waiting for-Nate and Alison's first conversation together.

Hope you like this!

COMMENT

VOTE

READ

SHARE

Thank you

DANA

________________________________

NOT EDITED

_______________________________

“N-Nate?” Alison asks in disbelief.

            I continue to smile, walking a little closer to the bed. “Hi,” I say once again. “It’s nice to see you’re awake.”

            She blinks a couple of times, probably wondering if me appearing in her room is real or not. At this, I chuckle softly. “W-What are you doing here?”

            I walk all the way to her bed and lowering into the chair. She’s self-conscious, I realize as I look at her. Alison looks at me from the corner of her eyes, but when she sees me looking back she reverts her eyes. She’s playing with her fingers in her lap, her hair slowly falling forward so it hides her face.

            “I’ve been visiting you since,” I stop, rewording my sentence in my head. “Since what happened.”

            Alison nods. “No wonder why the nurse kept whispering about ‘where’s the boy that has been visiting her’. I just, I hope I don’t sound rude, but I don’t know why you would visit me.”  

            “It was weird not seeing you around school,” I start. “I realized how much you affected my day and I was curious so I decided to visit you.”

            “And my family was alright with that?” she asks, bewildered.

            I smile softly at her face—her wide blue eyes staring at me and her mouth slightly ajar. “Your brother was okay with that. Your parents didn’t know until a few weeks after I started visiting you.”

            She nods. “I just can’t fathom you—of all people—coming to visit me.” Alison leans her head back and rests it against the pillow, her eyes shut. “This must be a dream,” she murmurs.

            “Nope,” I respond. “I know you’re still wondering why I’m here, and I’ll answer them, only if you promise me to listen until the end.” My heart starts to pick up. I suddenly feel the need to vomit.

            “Okay.”

            “Well, um, after your accident I felt odd, like it wasn’t real. I mean, I would always see you in the hall in the morning, at your locker. I did notice you by the way,” I add and I see Alison’s eyebrows narrow. “Anyway, Josh approached one day and handed me your, um, your journal.”

            I wait for her protest—a scream maybe—but nothing came. I look at her face and see Alison watching me intensely.

            “I didn’t know what to do at first,” I go on. “I didn’t want to just take it and read it like Josh wanted, but he insisted. I took the journal to please him, but I didn’t just read it right then. Josh, just in case you didn’t make it, wanted me to read how you felt about me, to make me realize I had such an amazing girl in front of me and I needed a kick in the butt to realize that.”