-Chapter 6-

Next part here guys! I hope you like it :)

I'm doing a Q&A video and i need more questions. If you have a question you want answered just ask! Please dont make it all about writing because I have a decent amount already. Just, if you ask a writing one, ask a funny/personal one also! Thanks.

NATE ON SIDE --------->

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

-DANA

________________________________

NOT EDITED

_________________________________

It is the seventh inning, last of the game. I’m up to bat. Scott is on third and Pat is on second, waiting for me to bring them home. We are down two with two outs. The most I need to do is bring Scott and Pat to home base to tie the game. To win, I need to get a homerun or a hit that gets me home.

            Coach and my teammates are yelling encouragements my way as I step up to the plate. Mom is wishing me luck in the stands and I wish my dad was here. The scout is sitting in the back of the stands, pen and paper is hand. I walk up to the plate. I dig my cleats in the sand. I look up at the pitcher as I swig my bat back and forth, readying myself. Once I’m ready I hold the bat with both hands, bend my knees in a stance, and watch the pitcher carefully. The crowd grew quiet as the pitcher stepped back and pitched. I didn’t swing.

            “Ball,” the umpire announced.

            I let out a deep breath, getting ready for the next pitch. When the pitcher threw the ball I made contact. I drop the bat and watch as the ball flew overhead. My feet start to move as it passed the second baseman, still in the air. Scott ran to home and now Mitch is on his way. We’re tied. The ball crashed into the fence, the left fielder running to get it. I pass second, my legs pumping below me. Scott and Mitch wait for me at home, telling me to keep going. I round third and I now the left fielder must’ve thrown it because Scott’s yelling became louder.

            I hit the ground, sliding into home right as the catcher caught the ball. With my eyes shut, my hands on home plate, I wait for the umpire’s call. I’m breathing heavily as I wait.

            “Safe!” the umpire calls and my whole team, including me, cheer.

            I hop to my feet just before Scott and Mitch hug me. Pat joins in as does the rest of the team. Coach congratulates us. We won! One more game and we’re in the playoffs for the title of state champs!

            I look in the bleachers and saw my mom clapping and smiling my way. She waves when she sees me looking and I wave back. My gaze moves to the back and the scout is already gone. I sigh in disappointment before Coach holds a firm grip on my shoulder.

            “They will contact you if they are interested,” Coach informs me. I nod before he walks away.

            I pack my bat and glove into my bag before slinging it over my shoulder. I was sure I was good enough, I thought as I made my way to where my mom was standing. My mom has her purse slung over her shoulders as she wears a huge smile on her face.