-Chapter 13-

Hey guys! Thank you so much for the support so far on this story. It's amazing and humbling.

Since i will be doing Camp NaNoWriMo this July I hope i can keep updates frequent. I will like to finish this story before going back to college so i hope to have an update every 7-10 days. Just letting you guys know.

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

-DANA

___________________________

NOT EDITED

___________________________

“Nate,” my coach calls from his office as I walk by after changing from practice. I stop instantly and walk to his office. I lean into the room. “Can I talk with you for a moment?”

            I nod, “Yeah, sure.”

            Coach nods and says, “Close the door also.”

            I do as he says before taking a seat. “Am I in trouble?”

            Coach chuckles, “Quite the opposite actually.” I watch as Coach searches through a pile of papers before, apparently, finding the one he wants. He examines the paper to probably make sure it’s the right on before handing it to me. As he’s in the process of handing me the paper, Coach says, “The coach from the university you will be attending sent me this letter to give to you.” As I scan the content of the letter Coach says, “They want you to play for the baseball team. Congratulations Nate.”

            I look at the letter in awe. Coach isn’t lying. The college wants me to play for them. I can’t believe it. “T-Thank you Coach.”

            He smiles. “Now you can leave. I’m proud of you.”

            I stare at the letter in my hands as I exit Coach’s office. A slap on my back takes my attention away from the letter to see who slapped me. Of course it is Scott.

            “Hey, what did coach have to say to you?” he asks, peering over to the letter in my hands.

            “Oh,” I say, looking back to the letter. “He told me the college I’m going to wants me to play for them.”

            Scott smiles and throws his arm around my neck. “That’s what I’m talking about!” He pats my chest once before continuing. “We need to celebrate. Friday, after our last game, you’re coming by my place. I’m throwing a party and I want you there.”

            “I don’t know,” I say hesitantly.

            “Don’t worry. Serena won’t be there.”

            “I’m not worry about her. I could care less about her.”

            Scott’s eyebrows come together in confusion. “Then what’s the problem?”

            I shrug, “My mom might want to spend the time with me. She’s been really antsy lately so I think she has something up her sleeve after our game Friday.”