The Confession

The weeks flew by as I trained with Luna, we sparred and criticized each other, we both knew there was no point in learning a new jutsu, we already knew enough to beat our opponents easily. Both Sophie and Ali were training with Kashikoi~Sensei, although, whenever I passed them, Sophie was talking with Shikamaru, a blush seemed to be permanently stained on her cheeks. Ali was always with that dude I battled, Okami. If you didn't know her, you'd think they were just friends, but as her cousin I could pick up on small details, like the hue of pink her cheeks were when talking to him, how she was more positive that usual, and seemed captivated by his every word. They seemed so in love and it made me think of my soulmate, Kiba. I hadn't seen him during this whole time, I know he was training, but a small part of me broke every day that passed without seeing him. It took a lot of shouting and inisde burning, but Adara finally forced me to confess to him. I went to find which taining ground he was in at them monet, and my heart fluttered at the sight of him. I waited until no one was looking and transformed a leaf into a note telling him to meet me on top of the Hokage Mountain after his training and sent it to him. He noticed it immediately, and looked around, trying to locate the person who sent it, but to no avail. He shrugged and went back to training, I was both hoping he would and wouldn't come.

It was late and I was losing hope that he would come at all, when I heard footsteps. I sat up, alert. "Alright Hana, you can do this!" I mumbled to myself. "Hana? Is that you? Why'd you call me up here?" He asked calmly and I took into a deep breath. 'Kiba, I'm saying this now because I feel like something bad's going to happen really soon, and certain family members basically tortured me to do this." Aw, you consider me family, how sweet! I don't. "Ugh, how do I say this? Kiba, I like you, not as a friend, as I would consider dating you." I spoke bluntly, while blushing. His eyes widened and I was frozen on the spot, waiting for a reply. What if he doesn't like me back? What if this changes who we're soulmates with? After an eternity, he replied. "I like you too, Hana." My eyes widened, and I continued to be frozen, until it sunk in what Kiba said. I ran and hugged him. We just stayed like that for a while, as the sun set. As night took over, I felt Kiba's lips on mine. I immediately pushed back and we fought for dominance, me eventually subsiding my attacks. As we let go, we were both panting, and I looked up to him. "So.. Are we dating now?" He smirked. "Only if you want to." I rolled my eyes. 'Of course I do." He smiled, and embraced me again. "Then we're dating." As I elft back to my compound in the middle of the night, I smiled to myself, I finally had the courage to do something I never thought I could.