The Last Day

~~~Mayumi's P.O.V~~~

It was a week since Sarada and Shikadai had found out what was happening and I had told Hinata, she was shocked and upset. She told me to tell Lord Hokage, and that's what I was doing, much to Boruto's displeasure. I knocked on the door and was told to come in. I saw Shikamaru talking to Naruto. "Shikamaru, Lord Hokage," I greeted and Naruto immediately knew something was up. "Mayumi you never call me Lord Hokage, what's wrong?" I felt tears form, and I looked down. "I'm leaving to my family." I heard my voice crack and I knew Naruto was shocked. "When, and how do you know?" Was all he asked. "My tailed beast told me, and I have three weeks, also I found out I'm an Uzumaki." I looked up to see his face, he had a look of understanding which confused me. "That's the last clue that proves it then." Me and Shikamaru both looked confused now. "Proves what?" He asked. "Before her death, Lady Tsunade informed me that I had a sister who vanished when we were two, the age you were when we found you. You also have a tailed beast and red hair like my mother. You must be my sister who somehow travelled here from the past, and now it's time for you to return." My eyes widened, I was Naruto's sister?! Boruto's aunt?! "The final piece would be the name of your tailed beast, what is it?" Huh, he actually figured it out. "Kurama." He nodded. "Same as mine." I suddenly felt myself transferred into another place. I saw Kurama, other Kurama, and Naruto. Naruto looked to his Kurama. "Did you do this?" he shook his head. "No I didn't." My Kurama stepped into view. "I did, brother, I figured we should see each other for the last time, even though I never truly forgave you for what you did." He snorted. "I never regretted forcing you into my body, sister, you were too weak to be a tailed beast." My Kurama laughed. "I guess Hana was wrong about you. I've visited her in the past, about a day before I told you, Mayumi, for the first time. She told me that you changed Kurama, back then she still knew some future events, last time I visited she didn't even remember knowing them, it's sad what the gaps between worlds can do to one's memory. Anyway, she said you learnt what it is to be kind." The other Kurama looked amused. "Oh I learnt sister, I just don't care." "Same old Kurama, eh?" With that, we were returned to our world, and I blinked as if to clear my vision.

3 Weeks Later

Our class was gathered in the front of the school. We became genin a week ago and everyone else was placed on teams, my departure was common knowledge now, and the fact that I would do so today. Boruto was watching me from afar, he didn't know I was his aunt yet. Sumire and a couple others were hugging me and crying, and I'll admit that I wasn't holding back tears either. I felt myself start to fade, so I stood up and waved to my class while tears fell down my face. I watched as my body vanished and I believe I saw the start of a storm, before I was sitting in front of a blonde boy in an orange jumpsuit with blood on his forehead. A black haired boy stood next to him and I noticed a redhead stare at them in shock and fear, blood also on his forehead. They looked at me, confused and I smiled sadly. "So this is the past, what were you guys doing before I arrived?"