Chapter 20: Hold

"Tell me you are going to do something about Krysten!" Justin shouted, bursting through Amelie's office doors. She looked up and raised an eyebrow.

"Why? What has she done?" She said cooly. Justin tugged gently at my turtleneck, exposing the marks Krysten left.

In the next fast heartbeat, Amelie was standing in front of me, gently tracing the marks. I yelped and flinched back into Justin's chest, wrapping my arms around his neck. He squeezed me gently.

"Not so fast, she's traumatised," Justin said. Amelie didn't answer, but patted my shoulder gently. I wanted to rest my head on Justin's shoulder, but I couldn't.

"What happened?" Amelie said softly.

"What does it look like? Krysten tried to kill her!" Justin spat, his arms subconsciously tightening around me. I whimpered softly, unable to make any other noise. My throat was half destroyed, it hurt too much to talk.

"I assure you, something will be done about Krysten, this cannot go on." Amelie said, anger in her voice.

"Better be!" Justin spat.

Suddenly I was out of Justin's arms and into Michael's. I flinched and uttered a weak yelp, pulling away. He looked down at me and smiled gently.
"Sorry," He said quietly. Then, he looked up at something behind me and stiffened ever so slightly. I twisted in his arms to see Justin kneeling in front of Amelie. His arms were raised and she had them in an iron grip. He was breathing heavily, face contorted in pain.

I whimpered and wriggled, trying to get loose, but Michael held on. I looked him in the eye, saying 'Let me go!' but he didn't. I kept whimpering and struggling as I watched Justin gasp for breath.

"St..op!" I managed to croak. Amelie ignored me, her gaze fixed on Justin's face.

"Ame..lie s..top!" I tried again. She glanced up at me, then looked back at Justin. He let out a cry of pain and I grew angry.

"Stop!" I somehow managed to shout, but immediately regretted it. She turned to face me without letting go, and my throat burned in pain. I kicked at Michael and he put me down, put kept hold of my arms. I struggled, pulling as hard as I could. It didn't do anything, but I kept trying. I suddenly had an idea.

"Sorry Michael," I whispered, and kicked him where the sun doesn't shine. He didn't move or flinch.

"That doesn't work anymore," He told me and I groaned. I looked back to Amelie to see she had released Justin, who had slumped to the ground. Michael released me and I rushed to him, kneeling next to his head and pulling it onto my lap, stroking his hair gently. He groaned a little, and turned his head, opening his eyes slightly. His brown orbs met mine, his full of pain and humiliation, mine full of worry.

He suddenly sat up, then leaped to his feet in one fluid motion. I jumped back a little, and he grabbed my hand and yanked me up.

"We're leaving!" He announced, and with that dragged me out.

Once we were outside of the building, he leaned against a wall, breathing deeply. I came over to him, placing my hand cautiously on his arm. He shook me off and turned away.

"Justin, a-"

"Don't." He cut me off. I fell silent, watching him. He refused to look at me, so I stepped in front of him. I tilted his face up, and was surprised to see his eyes were full of tears.

"Oh, Justin," I whispered. He stared into my eyes, and I wiped away the first tear that fell. He choked out a sob, and I wrapped my arms around him. He clung tightly to me, his knees buckling, taking me to the ground as he let out another raggedy sob. I kept my arms securely around him as I stroked the back of his neck and murmured comforting words.

"Justin, what did she do to you?" I whispered. He gasped, then started shaking harder.

"Hey, hey, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you," I mumbled. He shook his head, then pressed his damp face into my neck. I stiffened slightly, then forcibly relaxed. He noticed, and held me tighter.

"I won't hurt you ever again," He whispered. I rested my head on top of his.

"S-she, she showed me my family," He whispered. I frowned, confused.

"Did something happen to them?" I asked quietly. He nodded, then pulled away, but pulling me close, standing up.

"Let's take you home," He whispered. I frowned, but let him pull me up.

"Climb on," He told me, crouching slightly. I obediently climbed on, his strong hands securing my thighs as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He straightened up and took off.

************************

It was nighttime now, and Justin scaled the tree next to the house easily. He threw a pebble at Eve's window, just as the branch started to creak.

Eve opened the window, looking out.

"Move! It won't take our weight for-" Justin hissed, but cut off as the branch snapped.

"Much longer!" he yelled, and leaped forward. He made it through the window without hurting either of us, and we hit the ground. I let go of Justin and stood up, brushing myself off before looking up at Eve, who was staring at us.

"You know Justin, normal people tend to use the front door?" She said, and I laughed. She grinned at me, and I grinned back.

"C'mon," I said to Justin, and we went out of Eve's room and into mine.

He closed the door softly behind us, and leaned against it, watching me. My heart was pounding from anticipation as to what was going to happen next.

************************************

I know, I'm evil for leaving it at that -_- *slaps self* buuuuuuutt, things will be better (and longer) in the next chapter :D

10 comments 10 votes until the next chapter?

Vote!!
Fan!!
Comment!!

~Rebecca~