News Salad: Movie Spotlight

• Dedicated to zombie lovers

Movie spotlight:

This month for our first issue, we have decided to choose World War Z as our amazing movie spotlight. So, to start off; let me clear what the ‘Z’ stands for zombie because I figure that if you haven’t seen the movie, you might be wondering just that. The All so important ‘Z’ stands for zombies. And, we have got ourselves a zombie thriller here-an American disaster horror. But, we find this particular film to be different than most zombie movies. In fact, it almost draws you in from the beginning.

 The story follows a former UN investigator Garry Lane (Brad Pitt) who manages to escape the sudden outbreak of the zombie epidemic along with his wife and two daughters. Thanks to Garry’s friend, the UN deputy Secretary-General Thierry Umutoni, they are safely evacuated offshore onto a U.S navy carrier along with a small boy who manages to escape with them. In order to find more information on the disease, Garry is coerced to accompany a group of scientists on a journey as a safety escort. The story is set all around the world with South Korea, Jerusalem and Cardiff being the main spotlight. All through this journey, Garry notices small things like zombies passing by the sick, the elderly and the injured as if these people were invisible. Finally, thinking that it could possibly be some kind of cure, he reaches a WHO facility where he proves his theory. At the end, a voice-over of Garry tells that he has managed to find some kind of a camouflage where the zombies ignored people so they could safely pass by them and evacuate to the refugee camps set all over the world. The movie ends as he is reunited with his family.

Unlike most zombie stories, this is not much left on imaginations, but is more realistic as any action movie should be. It is worth a watch especially since it does not end up with all the zombies killed and the hero standing on top of a roof looking down on a destroyed city as the sun comes up-seriously!

Anyways, peace out from here folks-enjoy the movie.

NOTE: THaNk YoU EVerYoNE FoR rEaDinG ThE NeWS SaLAd. If YoU HaVE ANy REqUeSTs AbOuT A PaRTIcUlaR ISsUe YoU WaNt uS tO DiScUsS In ThE NeWS SaLAd,PlEaSE FEeL FreE tO ReQuEsT In ThE CoMmENT SeCtIoN~chibistrawberry.