Interview 1: genie-us

genie-us:

As she walkes on to the stage, the crowd goes wild and a boy sitting in the front wolf whistles. The host, I take her hand and after making her sit on her orange seat, go sit on my red one. Without wasting anytime, I fire a series of questions for the next ten minutes.

HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT WATTPAD?

My friends told me about it and said I'd love it!

WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT WATTPAD?

I like the diversity of the website I guess; how there are so many different people from so many different countries and of all ages...and from different walks of life. It's amazing, because regardless of one's age or nationality or whatever, in the end we all have the common love of reading and writing.

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVOURITE STORY GENRES?

I like romance and teen fiction, teehee :)

ARE YOU WRITING A BOOK? WHAT IS IT ABOUT?

Yes, I'm writing a rant book, Why Wattpad Drives Me Crazy, and it's just me complaining about things that well, drive me crazy (lol) on this site :3 I talk about overused story plots or I expose certain genres. It's just a really laid back, funny book that many wattpaders can relate to! Or so they tell me, haha.

IF SO, THEN WHAT GAVE YOU THE INSPIRATION TO START WRITING IT?

Hmm. I guess there were just loads of things I found myself angry about while reading some stories, so I thought to myself, "why not just put down your anger onto a page?" Well, a virtual page in this case, haha. And thus, my book of complaints was born :)

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PUBLISHED BOOK OF ALL TIME?

My favourite published book would undoubted be The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini comes a close second!

I'M SURE EVERYONE HAS A BOOK THEY DON’T LIKE SO WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVOUITE BOOK?

A least favourite book? On Wattpad or published? If you mean published, I'd say My Sister Jodie by Jacqueline Wilson and also The White Masai (don't remember who wrote it. I'll check and get back to you on that). Do you want to know why or naaa?

ON A SCALE OF 1-10 HOW MUCH WOULD YOU RATE YOUR LOVE FOR BOOKS?

15:D

DO YOU WANT TO BE A PUBLISHED WRITER ONE DAY?

That would be pretty cool! But how about a 'published' film composer first, eh?

DO YOU PREFER E-BOOKS OR PAPERBACKS? WHY?

PAPERBACKS. PAPERBACKS. Definitely paperbacks, lol. That would be because there's nothing better than that feeling of physically holding a book, smelling its fresh (or old) pages. There's nothing better than the feeling when your left hand is weighed down more than the right because of the many pages that you've conquered and lived through the characters with.

Plus, it makes you seem pretty posh when you're walking around with a big book in your hands ;)