Chapter 5

Mikayla's P.O.V.

It's been two weeks since Mason and I got into our first fight. I thought it would be easier from there. But life had other plans. That crazy bitch Christina is still hounding Mason and trying to ruin our relationship. If only she new it was a sham. Either way we have been getting into a lot of fights, that are all either meaningless or miscommunications.

Don't get me wrong I have been loving this little fake life. Mason's parents are amazing, his friends are amazing, his whole life is pretty amazing. But I think what I enjoy most is just being with him. I have been taking this wedding thing quite seriously also and it's making me think that maybe I need to go on a date. I mean this is the furthest thing from what I thought would happen obviously part of the reason I agreed to this was to make sure I would keep my job.

But I also wanted to know what it would be like to be with THE Mason Giordano. It turned out that he was better than I could ever imagine him to be. He is so caring and loving towards me it's like I'm living a fantasy, but I never wake up. I'm scared though because I know it's not going to last but I have gotten so attached already. I sorta wish he and I were really engaged...

"So what would be your ideal date and location for the wedding, because we have a lot of family out in Italy, but it is your only wedding," Mason's mom said with a smile. We have been meeting up for lunch nearly every day since she's gotten here.

"Well I'm not really sure about the date I would need to see the best available week we have and punch it in" I replied.

"Honey please, this is your first wedding it overrules any previous appointments my son may have."

"You're right, it would be nice to cancel some meetings and just take a break for a while, hell we both need it."

"I know, you two are probably the hardest working people I know, watching you work feels hard, Mason should just give you a break."

"I'm sure he would, but I couldn't accept, it would be unfair for everyone else that works with us you know, I'm always worried that people think I'm given special treatment because he and I are together."

"Oh Mikayla, please that's the last thing you should be worried about because at the end of the day you all get your paycheck's, which is based on your ranking and effort, so don't think about other people's irrelevant feelings."

"Thanks, I wish I had you to talk to when I was growing up, majority of my problems stem from the fact that I care to much about what people think or say about me, it's something I struggle a lot with."

"Like keeping track of time," a deep voice says from behind me.

I turn around and see Mason I jump up and greet him with a hug and kiss hoping he hasn't heard much of our conversation.

"Hi mom" he says leaning over the table to give her a peck on the cheek.

"Hi sweet-pea what are you doing here" she replies.

"Well Mikayla is two hours late and I got worried, but then I remembered you and mom always come here for lunch."

"Aww you were worried about me" I said while pinching his cheeks.

"Yea yea get over yourself" he replied swatting my hands away.

"So did you actually need something" his mom asked.

"Uh yeah, Mikayla, I thought it was pretty obvious"

"Well you can't have her we are doing some serious wedding planning"

"Oh really, well I want to be a part of this too," he said wrapping an arm around me and pulling me close, "I want to be involved and help you guys out as much as I can."

"That's great to hear, I'm glad you'll be helping her out. Your dad only cared about the cake and the honeymoon," she said shaking her head and smiling, "Well I better leave you two to it, I'm sure your dad is bored out of his mind without me."

"Alrighty then lunch was great I'll see you later" I said.

Mason and I got up and hugged his mother seeing her off.

"What were you guys talking about when I got here," Mason asked.

"Nothing much, are you hungry I know you always forget about lunch," I replied hoping to change the topic.

"You're always looking out for me Kay" he said and got up.

"Well it's sorta my job you know"

"And I am extremely grateful, I guess I'll stop somewhere on our way back to the office"

We got up and gathered our things, Mason left some money for the bill. When we got outside he asked,"Did you drive here"

"No your mom picked me up"

"Alright then let's head out"

$@$@$@$@$@$@$@
At around 8, Mason and I were the only people left in the building and I was tired and ready to head home. So I went to get Mason, he is my ride. I knocked and then entered his office. He looked extremely stressed. I walked up behind him and started slowly massaging the kinks out of his tense shoulders. We would frequently spend late nights at the office so I knew the best ways to get him to relax. It usually involved me sending him to find someone to warm his bed, but you can always try something new.

"Mmmm thanks Mikayla" he said.

"Eh it's no problem; I wish you wouldn't get so stressed over this stuff, it's so late you just need to relax."

"I know, I know but it's so hard, when the entire business depends on your choices."

I walked around and sat on his desk in front of him.

"What's all this about? You've been making great decisions for this company. Have you forgotten that you were one of the youngest people in Forbes magazine. Everything that you have done has been successful."

"Yeah you're right it's just sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my life and just making all the wrong choices, but my mom is right I need to settle down for real, it's just so hard."

"It doesn't have to be hard, look I can set you up on a couple dates with some friends I think you would connect with."

"No it's okay, my parents will be here for a couple months and I carely have enough energy to keep up this lie, but can I tell you something heart to heart."

"Definitely."

He leaned in and gently stroked the side of my face, it was so calming I leant into his palms.

"Your my dream girl Mikayla" he said.

I looked at him stunned, but he continued, "I never met anyone like you, I just love everything about you."

"Thanks," I said lowering my eyes to the ground with a smile "If it's any consolation you're hot enough to be my dream guy."

"Har-har, but would you every seriously consider being in a relationship with me a real one" he asked.

I paused even though I knew the answer, I have ever since our friendship started, "I would" I said quietly.

"Then why don't we actually enjoy this whole "marriage" thing, M will you be my woman?"

?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/

A/N

Sorry for the super long wait hope you liked it, not really sure how to feel about this one I was just tired of keeping you guys waiting.