Chapter 2

Mikayla P.O.V.

I quickly hugged her back, glad that she seemed to like me.

"I'm so happy to finally meet you honey, my baby talks about you all the time" she said.

"Really" I said while glancing at Mason, "all good things I hope."

"Of course, I'm surprised he waited this long to propose."

"Hey" Mason interjected, "I like to take my time."

"That's for damn sure" she replied.

"Alright, enough of this let me meet my daughter in-law" his dad said approaching me.

I leaned into his warm embrace and immediately felt so much more comfortable. There's just something about this family that makes me feel so welcomed and at home and I love it. I wonder if Mason has any brothers; or cousins, I mean I could work with that too.

"It's so great to finally meet the girl that caught Mason's heart and to finally put a face to her."

"Thanks so much I'm so glad I could finally meet you guys."

"Alright, enough of this let's get those bags in the car and head home" Mason says.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

"So how was the flight" Mason said

"Great, everybody back home misses you, we wish you would come visit" his mom replied.

Mason let out a sigh of what I assume was frustration and clenched his jaw. I couldn't understand why because he is always talking about Italy, how amazing it is there the scenery, people and food. He loves it there it's hard to believe he doesn't visit.

"Well I have a lot of business here" then grabbed my hand "and very important people."

"Awe you two are adorable, wait until your Nonna meets her. She's gonna love you Mikayla."

"Thanks, I'm glad that we have your blessing, Mrs. Giordano."

"Honey, how many times do I have to remind you we're family you can call me mom if you want to, Mrs. Giordano makes me sound so old, and I still got it."

"That's for damn sure" Mason's dad chimed in with a big grin.

"Ugh not in my car why don't you guys save this conversation for when we get home and in your room far away from mines" Mason interjected.

^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@

When we got home Mason's parents headed to bed because they were jet lagged from their flight, and I followed Mason to his room.

"So how do you like my parents" he asked.

"I love them they're seriously one of the nicest people I've ever met, and it's so beautiful that they're still so in love with each other."

"Ew don't go getting soft on me."

"Really 'babycakes' I'm the softy" I teased, referring to the various pet names his mother gave him.

"Yeah, yeah whatever."

A tense silence fell over us until Mason looked at me with a serious expression.

"Thank you so much for this, honestly you are one of the kindest people I will ever have the pleasure of being blessed with."

As he spoke he slowly inched his way closer to me. When he finally reached where I was sitting he gently cupped my face in his hands and leaned in. But I couldn't kiss him again he was my boss so I gently placed my hands on his chest lightly pushing him back.

"I can't do this with you Mason it's inappropriate you're my boss."

"Your right I'm sorry I wasn't thinking."

"Maybe we should just go to bed, it's late and I don't know about you but I'm ready to pass out."

"Same here, um what are the sleeping arrangements."

"Well I call the bed."

"But it's my house that's not fair!"

"Then sleep downstairs or in a guest room this place is big enough."

"I can't my parents will think there's something going on in our relationship if we're not even sleeping in the same room."

"Well just tell them I'm old fashioned."

"Then they would ask why you even moved in with me, can't we just share the bed."

"Whatever just stay on your side."

I showered and changed then snuggled up under the soft duvet and was soon accompanied by Mason.

"Do you think this was a bad idea" I asked him.

"What?"

"This whole fake engagement thing it's kinda crazy they think we're head over heels in love how are we just going to break up."

"We'll figure it out."

"But should'nt we have this planned."

"Kay you worry to much just take a deep breath and go to sleep we can deal with it tomorrow."

"Okay I just don't want to have any issues."

"It'll be fine trust me."

"Yeah, whatever goodnight.....baby boy."

"Quit teasing would you, and sweet dreams."

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

A/N

Hey sorry for the delay on the update but Happy New Year!

I can not wait for 2014 it's going to be amazing I hope all of you have a Happy Holidays!

Vote

Comment

Fan