Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

       “And then, he kissed me goodnight… on the cheek. Do you think that means he didn’t have a good time?” Alice asked, as she finished telling me the occurrences of a recent date.

       “Yeah, totally,” I agreed, not really listening to what she was saying. 

       For some reason, my mind was still fixated on the kiss I had shared with Dylan. It was like no other, and I couldn’t get it out of my head. If I had told the girls of our little encounter, they would’ve legitimately killed me. It was so… different from anything I had ever experienced- indescribable, really.

       “Liz!” Alice said, sounding annoyed, “Were you even listening?”

       “No,” I replied honestly.

     “Lately, you’ve been acting weird. It’s about a boy, isn’t it?" she said freakishly on target, as we entered the lab where our science class was being held. I was quiet, neither saying anything, nor wanting to bring anything up. “Ah! It is a boy! Who? A new crush? An old lover? A one-night stand? Justin Bieber?"

       “No, no, no, and definitely not!” I said, shuddering at the Bieber remark.

       “Come on! The Biebs is beautiful, and finally legal! Even if we’re not.”

       “Yeah, he’s not really my type,” I rolled my eyes.

       “So, then what is?” a masculine voice questioned, coming up behind me.

       “I prefer Americans; ya know, staying loyal to the country and all,” I said, twirling around to smile at the intruder of our conversation, Eric.

       “I’m an American,” he winked.

       “Oh. My. Gosh!” Alice all but shrieked. “It’s Eric, isn’t it?”

       “What about me?” he asked, taking an interest in the mention of his name.

       “Liz has a crush on you,” she informed him from out of nowhere.

      “I never said that!” I objected strongly, not desiring to bring up the real reason behind my odd behavior.

       “It’s okay if you do,” he said smugly.

       “I don’t!” I let out an exasperated sigh.

    “That’s a shame, considering I may or may not have developed a slight attraction for you,” he verbalized, as the three of us walked over to the table we normally sat at.

       “Do you?” I raised a brow.

       “Maybe,” he smirked.

       “Eric Wilson has a crush. Huh. I honestly never thought I’d see the day it happen ag-” Eric clamped a hand over Alice’s mouth before she could finish her observation, leaving me wondering what she was going to say.

       He smiled innocently at me, before asking a question I generally had the tendency for automatically saying, “No,” to. “Liz, will you go on a date with me?”

       “If you answer anything but yes I will kill you in your sleep with a sharp object!” Alice threatened.

       “I think for myself, thank you very much,” I said, knowing what I needed to do. 

       “Liz?” Eric prompted nervously.

      “Where and when?” I asked, receiving a sharp pinch on the arm from Alice. “Ouch! What was that for?!”