19

It took a bit before the man dragged me up the rope and pulled me into the helicopter. I didn't move when he put me down.

I just laid there on my side breathing heavily, everything ached and I was so thirsty.

"Let's get her some help, I think she's deserved some rest," I heard someone yell over the noise of the helicopter.

Sleep sounded nice... I started to close my eyes, but one of the people on the helicopter started to lightly poured a bottle of water on my muzzle.

I gave a whine as I started to lap at the water without picking up my head, "There you go," one of the men quietly said.

It wasn't two minutes later that the helicopter landed and I was being carried out of the helicopter and into the back of a car.
.
.
.
I slept while I was in the car, but I had a prompt awakening as someone picked me up again.

"She was in the water for at least two hours with pretty big waves," someone said as I was carried inside a building.

"I'll have the doc check her over while I get her hydrated," a woman informed as whoever was carrying me put me down on a cold, hard table.

"The boss lady said that when the dog recovers, to send her to a shelter in Manhattan," the man answered before heading out of the room.

I gave a low whine as the door closed, causing the woman to turn back and look me over.

"You poor thing..." she muttered as she grabbed a pair of tweezers and started picking out shards of glass.

I just layed there and whined until she was finished. "You must be so tired," she muttered as she stuck a needle in my foreleg.

"Let's get you in a kennel so you can get some rest before the doc comes in..." was the last thing I heard her say before I drifted off to sleep with her carrying me out of the room.