5

I woke up when Jeff stopped outside of my cage. I lifted my head to see two people with him, a man and a woman.

I let my head lay back down on my paws, they'd probably keep walking.

People usually did in favor of a puppy, I wasn't complaining though. I wanted the puppies to have a good life with a loving home at least. I'd be fine here if the two decided on a puppy.

"This is Pepper, she's a two year old labrador retriever. She's low maintenance, smart, and she's a good emotional support dog. Actually, she's the top pick for when we take a few dogs to a hospital or veteran's clinic, but I think it's about time she gets adopted," I heard Jeff saying.

I yawned widely, "I'll take her," I heard.

I focused my attention to the two standing with Jeff, who was smiling. "I'll get the paperwork," he told them, going to a desk in the back of the room.

The man crouched in front of my door and whistled. I stood up and slowly padded up to the gate and sat.

He reached through the bars to pet me, the woman stood behind him smirking.

"Okay, I just need one of you to sign this and she's yours," Jeff told them as he walked back over.

He had a leash, one of the bandana collars, and an adoption form on a clipboard.

The woman grabbed the clipboard and skimmed over it before signing.

The man stood up and backed away a bit so Jeff could open my cage.

Jeff stepped in and put the collar on my neck before clipping on the leash.

The woman handed him the clipboard back, and in turn, he handed her the leash. "She knows all of the basic commands, sit, stay, down, ect. But she is easy to teach and she likes to learn, in case you want to teach her something else," Jeff told them.

The woman nodded and handed the man the leash, "I'm sure Tony will teach her a lot of things," she assured.

Jeff pat my head, the three said good-bye and I was led out of the shelter and into a nice looking car.