15

Tony had gone straight to the lab when we got back, and that was only because Pepper had been waiting for him down there.

After almost an hour and a half of yelling at him, she stalked upstairs to pack a bag.

Tony had taken the yelling while I nuzzled at his hand, going straight to work as soon as she'd left the room.

"I've compiled a Mandarin database for you, sir. Drawn from S.H.I.E.L.D., F.B.I., and C.I.A. intercepts. Initiating virtual crime scene reconstruction," JARVIS announced.

Tony moved from what he'd been working on to the big hologram that filled the room, "Okay, what do we got here? His name is an ancient Chinese war mantle, meaning 'advisor to the King'. South American insurgency tactics, talks like a Baptist preacher. There's lots of pageantry going on here...lots of theater," Tony muttered, walking through the holograms.

"Close," he decided as he turned to look at the scene.

"The heat from the blast was in excess of 3000 degrees Celsius. Any subjects within 12.5 yards were vaporized instantly," JARVIS informed, that was grim...

I pulled myself up from my dog bed and leaned against Tony's thigh, "Not now Pep," he muttered, giving me a little push before he started back up with JARVIS.

"No bomb parts found in a three mile radius of the Chinese theater?" he asked, walking around the hologram.

I gave a huff and walked over to Dum-E, who gave a sad chirp and patted my head. Tony still needed to work on Dum-E's patting skills...

"No, sir," JARVIS confirmed.

Tony walked over to Happy's holographic body, "Talk to me, Happy," he muttered before turning his head, following a new line that appeared in the virtual reconstruction.

"When is a bomb not a bomb?" Tony sat in a chair and the hologram piece extended.

I tilted my head as Tony swiped at it a few times to reveal dog tags. "When is a bomb not a bomb?"

He muttered again before pushing the dog tags to the center of the hologram, "Any military victims?" Tony asked as he got up.

I flopped onto the floor to watch him.

"Not according to public records, sir," JARVIS answered.

"Bring up the thermogenic signatures again, factor in three thousand degrees," He ordered as he climbed on top of a bunch of stuff, holding some... thing.

The hologram changed to a map of the United States, this was making my head hurt.

I got back up and trotted to the door for a snack, "The oracle cloud has completed analysis. Accessing satellites and plotting the last twelve months of thermogenic-" JARVIS was cut off by the door closing behind me.

I trotted a little down the hall and grabbed a bone from the basket, taking a moment to chew on it before heading back in.

"Bring it around," Tony ordered as I trotted back in.

"The heat signature is remarkably similar. Three thousand degrees Celsius," JARVIS commented as Tony skimmed over it, still sitting on top of the boxes.

"That's two military guys. Ever been to Tennessee, JARVIS?" Tony asked as he set the thing aside.

"Creating a flight plan for Tennessee," was all JARVIS had to say as Tony waved his arms, causing the whole hologram to disappear.

The door bell rang as soon as it was gone.

Tony glanced over at a new hologram that showed the camera outside, "Are we still at ding dong? We're supposed to be on total security lockdown, c'mon, I threatened a terrorist." Tony complained as he hopped off the boxes.

"There's only so much I can do when you have given the press your home address," JARVIS snipped as Tony left the room with me at his heels.