Chapter 17

Terrence groaned rolling over. His phone was going off nonstop. Peeling his eyes open into the dark room he grabbed his phone. His eyes read over the caller I.D a few times debating wether to answer it. He sighed getting out of bed. Taraji shifted in her sleep, then rolled over. He quietly crept out of the room and answered the phone.

"What do you want?!" He hissed quietly, Nia chuckled lightly.

"I was just calling to check up on you." She responded, he groaned.

"No you're calling to make sure that I saw the note and the bear." He corrected.

"You know me well. It looks like you got it. Tell me....did she see it?" She asked, Terrence paused not wanting to reply.

"Ah she must have. You've gone quiet. That's nice. I didn't mean anything by the card okay. I was just sending my wishes." She spoke softly. He scoffed rolling his eyes.

"By mentioning the baby? Look Nia, I understand that we lost a child. But I refuse to let you hold that over me. I've made amends with us. I'm done, it's not gonna happen. Have a good life." He sighed ignoring the sniffle that came through the phone. He hung up not wanting to deal with her. Yawning he climbed back into bed with Taraji. He pulled her into his arms and kissed her cheek, drifting back to sleep.

He awoke to the smell of breakfast filling his lungs. Groaning he dragged hiself out of bed. He followed the smell to the kitchen, where Taraji stood half naked cooking breakfast. He licked his lips creeping up behind her, once close enough his arms shot out wrapping around her waist.

She jumped in fright, the laughed knowing it was him. He watched her flip a pancake and switch to checking the sausage. He hummed placing a kiss on her neck.

"Breakfast looks good." He commented, his hands slid in between her legs.

"A no no. That's not for breakfast." She spoke pouring some pancake mix onto the flat skillet.

"Oh really?" He asked slyly running his hands up the inside of her thighs.

"Really." She replied. He hummed once more placing a kiss behind her ear.

"You sure?" He whispered seductively.

"Mhmm." She hummed ignoring his touches. He trailed his lips down her neck stopping just before her collar bone.

"Not even if I bit this spot right here." He spoke, then followed through with his actions. Her body twitched at the feeling, a full body shudder coming next.

"Nope. You hungry?" She asked side stepping from him and turning off the stove.

"Yeah, actually. Thank you." He spoke fixing himself a plate. She nodded grabbing food as well. They sat across from eachother eating in silence. Terrence watched her with a narrowed gaze, something was the matter.

"Babe, You alright?" He asked taking a drink from his orange juice. She looked up at him and tilted her head.

"Just thinking about something. I think it's nothing." She spoke, he could sense she wasn't sure about her statement. He pushed it aside deciding not to pry unless she opened up.

"Well I have another meeting with that movie producer I've been talking about today, so I was hoping you could go check out your apartments. There's two choices I narrowed down. Their fully furnished, it's just a matter of if you like them or not." He voiced eating the last bite of pancake. She nodded grabbing his plate along with hers.

"When I'm done I'll go see Tony." She responded pecking up some breakfast for Joe and Tony.

"Okay, Ima go get dressed. I was thinking maybe we could go out for dinner after everything is done." He offered with a hopeful smile.