Chapter 4

"Mom what's up with you and Terrence?" Tony questioned. Her eyes met his in the bathroom mirror.

"What do you mean baby?" She questioned.

"Is there something your not telling me?" He pressed. She sighed placing her make up down.

"Tony have I ever lied to you?" She asked turning to face him. He shook his head.

"I don't wanna start now baby. Just give me some time to get it all figured out." She spoke.

"Okay.....Who you going out with anyway?" Tony asked. She made a face turning back to her makeup quickly.

"No...Way!" He exclaimed.

"You're going out with Terrence?" Tony pried. When Taraji diddnt say anything his smile widened.

"OMG!" He cheered. Taraji rolled her eyes.

"It's not that serious." She spoke. He stopped mid happy dance and gave her a look of disbelief.

"It's not that serious. Says the person doing their eyeliner for the 5th time." He mocked.

She huffed looking at herself in the mirror. She felt nervous and somewhat giddy. She had to keep reminding herself that it wasn't a date. Had it been one she would have said no.....right?

"Don't worry bout what I'm doing. Go play with Nova." Taraji grumbled applying her highlight. He smirked.

"Fine. I'm just saying you getting mighty done up for something that's not serious." He teased. She narrowed her eyes at him signaling she was done with this conversation. He chuckled exiting the bathroom.

"Gabby. My mom's crushing." Tony spoke walking into the tv room.

"I know." Gabby grinned, knowing Taraji could hear.

"Girl shut the fuck up!" Taraji barked. Gabby snickered. Nova perked up from laying on her bed. She jumped up running to the door.

"And that should be Terrence." Tony spoke standing up. Gabby gave him a look of confusion.

"How you know?" She asked.

"Nova picks up on stuff like that. She's an alert dog for a reason." He responded as if she was supposed to already know that. A knock on the door was heard.

"Ok smartass. Get the door." Gabby spoke. He grinned walking over to the door. When he opened it he was met with Terrence in a tailored dark blue Armani suit. Terrence smiled in greeting.

"Come in." Tony spoke.

"MA!" He called as Terrence stepped in.

"What boy?" She called back from the confines of her room.

"Your dates here." He teased. Terrence chuckled squatting down to the energetic dog.

"It's not a date!" She snapped defensively. Tony chuckled.

"Well I'm gonna head back to my room. See you tommorow Terrence. Nye Ma, Bye Gabby." Tony spoke. Terrence muttered a quick by standing up. Gabby peeked from her phone waiting for Tony to leave. As soon as the door shut she jumped up.

"You remember everything we talked about." She whispered. He rolled his eyes fixing his suit.

"Yes. We went over it 6 times." He spoke.

"Do it again." She responded. He sighed.

" Come into the conversation honest, be straightforward she hates beating around the bush. Be true to yourself don't hold back. Yada yada yada....Be open-minded....blah blah blah." He muttered. Gabby cut her eyes at him.