Chapter 9

Sometimes in life you get let down. In some worse cases you just feel sad, or depressed, or just upset. At the moment Taraji couldnt tell you which one she felt. As she read the text message again she just felt.....crushed?

She didnt wanna feel that way. I mean sleep with the guy, spend 4 days with the guy wasn't grounds to catch feelings....right? Surely not with a guy you didn't think you could even be with. With a sigh she took the elevator back up to her room. She looked down at the text.

Terrence: Business came up. I'm so sorry, but I can't come to the date. I have to fly out early. I'll text you when I can.

She rolled her eyes. Who was she kidding? Getting all exited for a dude that only occupied her time for a while. She powered off her phone trudging back into the hotel suite. Gabby popped up in confusion.

"I thought you had a date?" She questioned. Taraji smiled sadly.

"Me too. I guess he had to leave." She responded setting her purse down.

"I invited Dwayne over for movies. Hope you don't mind." Gabby spoke. Taraji shook her head.

"I'll be in my room. Look on the bright side though, I stopped myself from having to end things on Friday." Taraji chuckled walking to her room.

Gabby pursed her lips. Her bestie was sad. She wanted to ask her what was going on, but she knew she wouldn't say. So instead she watched her lips to her bedroom and lock the door.

1 week later.....

Hollywood, California

7:00 PM

The cast of the Best Man Holiday sat all smiles in front of the camera for their last interview for the movie. They laughed telling outrageous stories about each other while filming. The last of the questions were rolling in as the laughter died down.

"Ok. Terrence this is for you from....TMZ!" The interviewer laughed.

"TMZ wants to know. Where are you hiding your mysterious girl?" He continued.

All his cast mates turned to look at him. Well all except Nia who seemed bothered by the question. Terrence chuckled. His cast mates grilled him like fourth of July barbeque. All wanting to know that golden question. Who is she?

"Well TMZ first off I'm not telling you. Why? So you can stalk her. And second off I think time reveals all. Lastly how about everyone go find them some business." Terrence responded humour dancing in his tone. Morris sucked his teeth.

"So in other words he's locked down like a city bank safe." Taye joked. Terrence playfully shoved him.

"Ok guys this is the last question. Will their be a third movie?" The interviewer asked.

"There better be. I have an unanswered question." Sanaa spoke.

"I hope so. That check is beautiful." Nia joked.

Everyone nodded in agreement. The interviewer wrapped up the session and everyone was free to go. Terrence walked over to the table full of snacks and grabbed a water bottle. He opened it taking a glance down at his phone.

Over the course of the week he's had a conversation with hiself basically. Texting Taraji always equaled no text back. She turned off her reads at one point so he couldn't even tell if she read his messages. He sighed, she had been on his mind since he had to leave so soon.

He couldnt explain why he was stuck like glue. It reminded him of how he felt when he woke up that night and she was gone. He hadn't even spent a whole day with her back then. Now almost spending a whole week with the sassy woman and he missed her. Not just her body, but her in general. Shooting a quick text back to Tony he took a swig of his water.