Chapter 25 - The Depths of Love (Part 1)

**Reece

I watched Bianca as she stood and laughed alongside Layla and Jade, her hair in a tight bun, her makeup flawless. The only thing I didn’t like was the fact her ocean blue maxi skirt hid her legs, touching the grass, not allowing me to even glimpse her long legs.

‘Can you stop staring’ said Jaden as he patted Myles back, the little guy looking up at me as if questioning my existence,

‘Why?’ I questioned, a smirk playing on my face,

‘Cause you look like a pedo’ he muttered back to me, making me chuckle a little,

‘Shut up man’ I said, Jaden laughing a little next to me, ‘this is crazy man’

‘What is?’ he questioned,

‘This’ I said gesturing to the people in front of us, ‘like how stuff has changed. You and Jade got a yute man’

‘For real’ he said smiling and nodding his head, ‘Bianca’s even leaving us soon and shit’

‘I know’

‘You upset?’ Jaden questioned.  I shrugged my shoulders, not wanting to think about it too much. I knew it was my idea in the first place, I’m the one who encouraged her and helped her, but now that the time was getting closer for her to leave, I realised that Bianca was FLYING away from me. A 40 minute drive wouldn’t take me to where she would be next month, and even though I wanted the best for her, the selfish part of me wanted her all to myself – I wanted her to stay; with me, but I knew what her dream was and I knew if she left, she’d be safe.

‘Your phone Reece’

I looked down and once again my phone was flashing, No caller ID showing on my phone and I put it on silent before placing it face down on my thigh,

‘Who’s belling your line like that? Been going off like that for weeks’ asked Jaden, a small smile on his lips, but his eyes looked at me sceptically.

‘Are you my woman?’ I said smiling, trying my best to turn his interrogation into a joke thing. Jaden shook his head and shrugged,

‘Nah, but whoever is calling you, clearly wants to talk to you init’

‘Don’t worry’ I said dismissively, looking down at Myles and taking him out of Jaden’s hands, Myles playing with my chain causing a valid distraction for me,

‘I won’t’ said Jaden, his voice lowering as Bianca and Jade’s voices grew as they made their way over, ‘but Bianca will’. I looked at him briefly before smiling at Bianca who kissed me on my cheek, sitting on my lap. A month had gone by since my dad sent me that text and ever since my phone has been ringing non stop – I knew who it was though. Stephanie. I knew I’d have to answer it soon, but not now, not at Bianca’s leaving party. Now really wasn’t the time.

‘You alright’

I looked up at Bianca, her eyebrows furrowed as she watched my face, slight concern and wonder tattooed across it and I couldn’t help but smile. The small guilt I felt would vanish everytime I looked at her, because I knew I was doing it for her. ALL for her. ALWAYS for her.

‘Yeah I’m good’ I said placing a small kiss on her lips, she smiled as I backed away and nodded, inching closer to my ear,

‘Mum and Phil aren’t coming home tonight’

‘Swear?’ I said a small smile forming. She smiled shyly and nodded,

‘You can stay when everyone goes’ she suggested.