The Epilogue

I spent the following two weeks in hospital. I was constantly closely monitored by Doctors, Nurses and Physiologists. The worst thing was that I didn't even know I was back in reality. I was still Ima. I was still in Umbras, I was just dreaming.

It took me a while to finally realise Umbras wasn't real. And neither were any of the people there. When my mental and physical state had improved enough I finally got answers.

Answers which were hard to hear but I needed to hear them in order to get some clarity.

I had become distracted one morning and tripped over my own feet at the top of the stairs. I fell down every step and was lucky to be alive at the bottom. I was in an unconscious state for quite a long period of time. Doctors couldn't wake me and so they announced that I had unfortunately fallen into a coma. They did not know if and when I would wake up. But they did know that it was the force in which I hit my head on the bottom step that caused me to completely blank out.

Psychologists have said that they think from that moment until the moment I woke up I was completely entranced in my own little kingdom, Umbras.

It wasn't until a few weeks after leaving hospital I realised what had actually happened. For obvious reasons it was a hard thing for me to get my head around.

I try to think positive about everything in life. Even the worst of times contain something good inside of them if you look hard enough.

From my traumatising experience I realised that everybody has their own little kingdom, a kingdom where they wear the crown. A kingdom in which they dominate. But only the luckiest of people get to visit their kingdom. Some only visit for a short period of time but others stay for considerably longer. Although I do not envy the people who stay for longer or sometimes forever. They may be in a happier place in their Kingdom but they are then missing out on the amazing opportunities of their other Kingdom. The real Kingdom. The infinitely beautiful Kingdom which will never differ to be unique from the others. The Kingdom called Life.