Part Two: Chapter Eleven

Months passed by and we still awaited the arrival of Bonum's army. I still didn't know why we were going to be under attack all I knew was that we needed to be prepared and that was that.

I had spent the previous months meticulously planning out every circumstance that could happen, good or bad.

I was determined to win this fight, I wanted to prove that I was a worthy Queen and so I decided that I to was going to fight. I knew that wasn't a very Queen - like thing to do. But deep down it was what I knew I was good at. I trained hard with all of the guards in order to maintain my mental and physical state. A war is hard but it couldn't have come at a more appropriate time. I needed something to take my mind away from the past and start to appreciate the difficulty of being a Queen, a leader to so many people. Fortis was so helpful throughout the whole situation, I knew he was the one for me. As long as we made it through the up and coming war we would have a huge celebration party and say our vows. If we unfortunately didn't make it through the war we would hopefully be able to see each other in the next life.

The fear of failure was constantly ticking away in my mind somewhere but I chose to ignore the negative voices and plough forward regardless.

Six months after my sister's passing we had our first letter from Bonum. It informed that they indeed had some unfinished business with Umbras that needed sorting out. Fortunately the royalty in Bonum are fair, loving people. They wouldn't want to hurt anybody, but we were prepared just in case they decided to change their tactics. The letter had said that they wanted to discuss certain topics with me and as long as I was fair and did what they asked of me then nobody would get hurt.

No promises were made in the letter back and so without a warning thirty-two strong Bonum guards stormed in to Umbras with the King and Queen in separate carriages behind them.

They quickly approached the castle and thundered through the gates.