Part Two: Chapter Sixteen

I opened my eyes slowly and found myself sat next to Fortis.

I tried to sit up but I was unable to. I felt paralysed, I looked down and realised I was lying in a warm yet unrecognisable bed. I looked back at Fortis and he held my hand gently. He kissed it gently and said,

"Welcome back."

I peered around slowly and saw bare white walls, spotless marble flooring and sparkling white counter tops. There was also cupboards on the walls and a computer like device next to my bed. I tried to lift my arm and I noticed I was connected. Connected to the computer. I looked down at the bed and saw that I was dressed in a blue and white chequered gown. The room began to spin and I felt nauseous.

"Hang in the fighter." I heard Fortis say.

As I looked at him again he didn't appear to look as I originally thought he did. I looked away and saw an unusual bag of fluid next to my bed, it was on a pole. I was connected to that also. In fact I think I was connected to more machines than I had limbs to connect them to. I then noticed a table next to my bed which had pleasant 'get well soon' cards on it. I could slightly see inside one of them. It began with 'to Isabella'. I looked back at Fortis and he sighed with a weird sort of smile.

"Oh Iz, it's going to be a long journey."

I finally managed to sit up and he began to cry.

"Why are you crying Fortis?" I asked.

He raised his eyebrow and replied,

"Who's Fortis sweetie?"

I looked around completely oblivious to what he had just asked me. Next I noticed a white door to the left of the room, it opened and in walked Caerulea.

I swiftly moved as far back on the bed as I could.

"How are we Iz?" She asked.

I stared back at her wondering if she was a ghost or whether I was dreaming.

"Get away from me Lea, you traitor!" I cried.

She look startled but slowly approached my bedside.

"I'm Doctor Leanne, and that's your Husband Freddie, remember?" She said softly stroking my hand.

I stared at her and shook my head.

"No you're Caerulea and that's Fortis." I replied

She pulled out a notepad and pen from inside her lab coat.

"I want you to write about Caerulea and Fortis." She murmured.

"Tell their, I mean our story." She added.

She then walked over to Fortis and said something to him quietly, she left the room and closed the door behind her.

I then began to write this story. But to me it isn't a story. It is as real as anything. For two weeks it was my life. It was my reality. I didn't know any different.