Chapter 10

PART TWO OF SOLVE - A TEEN WOLF FANFIC

I stay at Stiles's house for the next week. Things have changed with him. He's in shock from the whole nemeton situation I think. Seeing things like that and being in those situations is normal for a witch and a werewolf and even a hunter. But not a human. He get's night terrors often. Actually 3 times a night to be exact. One at 11:40 - if we're asleep by then. He always yells don't let them in and they're close. Then I wake him up. The next one is at 2:55. He yells how they're here and he can hear them close. So I wake him. The last one is the worst. Always. It's at 3:17. He get's physical and has panic attacks. He yells that they're coming at us and he needs to get out. So I wake him. I normally get 3 hours of sleep a night because i'm awake, waiting to save him. We don't talk about his nightmares because he is afraid of them.

***Stiles POV

I open my eyes to see bars of light shining into my face. I try to move but i'm contained. I begin banging and screaming help but I can't move. I'm trapped in a locker I think.

"HELP" I begin yelling and pushing on the door even harder. Finally, the door comes off and I throw myself onto the floor beside the locker bank. I stand up to find the lights are flickering. I walk through the door to the hallway. It's pitch black. I keep walking to a room with the door open. It's Mr. Bakers English room. I walk in and see the nemeton. No desks, no chairs, no bags. Just the nemeton. My heart beat rises and I can feel floods of sweat coming off. Behind me the door shuts and I try to open it. It's locked.

"Help! GET ME OUT! HELP!" I yell as I bang the door. I rest my head on the door and close my eyes as I am quietly pleading for help. I open my eyes and turn around to find not the room with the nemeton. But a forest. I turn back around and the door is gone. I am completely in the forest. I see the nemeton in the distance and I begin running to it. This is the place that gave the monster life. This is the place Caroline went and almost died. This is the place I almost lost my fucking dad. The only family I have left. I reach the nemeton and start kicking and pulling off bark. I scream louder and louder. Until I fall to the ground out of fatigue.

"HELP." I yell one last time as I close my eyes. I feel someones arms around me from the back. I open my eyes and i'm in my bed. Caroline's holding me.

"It's okay. It's okay Stiles." She's telling me. She's holding my down and I realize I need to stop objecting her embrace. This happens so often. These god damn night terrors. I haven't really slept in a while.

...3:18...

At school the next day I walk in with Scott. Caroline wen't to find Allison probably to talk about how horrible I am to sleep next to. I don't blame her.

"Scott?" I ask him. He totally dozed off of our conversation. I see him looking at his shadow in terror.

"Stiles.. Am I me?" He asks me.

"What do you mean? Your not a wolf if that's what you mean." I tell him

"Stiles I'm seeing things. I keep thinking i'm changing. Kind of like when we didn't know Caroline and I couldn't control myself." He tells me

"Somethings happening to all of us." I tell him.

"I'm having night terrors. Three a night and I wake up screaming every time. Have you ever heard of Sleep Paralysis?" I tell him.

"No." Scott says.

"It happens because during REM sleep your body is basically paralyzed. It's called muscle atonia. That way if you start dreaming about running, you don't actually start running in your bed. But sometimes your mind can wake up before your body does. So for this split second, you're actually aware that your body is paralyzed. And that's the terrifying part. It turns your dream into a nightmare. You can feel like you're falling, like you're being strangled, or, in my case, like you're at the center of a grove of magical trees where human sacrifices took place. " I scare myself by telling him what i'm experiencing.