Storage Closet

AUTHORS NOTE:
I've been told this story is "everywhere" and "unorganized" and really it's not. It's Kenya's/Cynthia's life. It's not gonna be organized. If you are confused, it will be explained sooner or later. I'm sorry for the difficulties.
—————————————————-
I've always thought I was safe, and that I would live a bland life. A life that would taste like sour dough bread. Gross. The basics. You know, get a husband, get fat, die. I was wrong.

It all started on November 8th, 2015. It was mid junior year. The day started normal. I went to my usual classes. Orchestra, Science, Math etc.  When I got to 5th period (spanish) I sat in my seat. When my butt hit the seat, I felt nothing but a thin layer of ice around the blue plastic chair, but there wasn't.

You see, I've always been skinny and short. Everything and everywhere is cold to me. Even my thick black hair after a shower. Even my pink satin nightgowns,teal cotton shirts, light blue jeans, and beige but supposed to be white socks. Everything is cold.

I looked up at the pearly white board to see nothing but Spanish words I didn't understand. The rest of the class soon scattered into the classroom quicker than I could see. It was only 30 seconds later when I noticed the teacher was gone. She never walked in and said the familiar "buenos diás" I remember. The class silently looked around the room with confused looks painted on their faces. So did I. Where was she? My best friend Cynthia took charge being the smart, bossy but still awesome friend she is. She got up, pushed in her chair, and walked out of the room. Everyone was confused except me. I know Cynthia. She was going to go get a staff member. My classmates didn't know Cynthia. They most likely thought she was upset, or most likely, she was skipping class.

After a few murmurs but mostly silence, Cynthia arrived back with a teacher about halfway through the period. It's funny because no one even thought to use the classroom home phone or to even speak. It was almost like we had a vow of silence to each other.

Cynthia arrived back with Ms.Contreas, a teacher I didn't have, but I had wished I did after I figured out that the rumors of her strict rules were fake. Ms.Contreas, walked into the room with a baffled look smeared on her face, like pie almost. She looked around the room quickly, scanning for Ms.Diaz, our Spanish teacher.  After what felt like 5 seconds she began to pace around the room at a alarming pace. Then she opened the storage closet.

I don't wanna look back on that moment. The dismay in everyone soon left their bodies and traveled around the room, like a disease. It all happened when she opened the door.  Actions can really change everything, because I sure know that this action, changed my life. Forever.