A Lead

"They have a lead! Oh my god! Guys!" 

The shouting was heard all throughout their new dorm as Namjoon came storming into the room, his usual cool attitude nowhere to be found. He had his phone in his hand and it was still on, showing he had only just ended his call.

"I had Bang PD nim on the phone and he told me the police have a lead on Taehyung!!" he exclaimed, eyes all wide in surprise and relief. 

They found something! Taehyung would be found!

They were all in front of him within a second, all of them looking and jumping up from whatever they were doing. Their eyes were all wide open and they started to bombard Namjoon with questions.

"What kind of lead?"

"Are the already on to someone?"

"Did they see him somewhere?"

"Where could they have seen him?"

"Did they get information from someone else?"

"Did they find the car?"
Only Yoongi had been quiet and he tried to calm the others down by telling them to shut their faces and let Namjoon talk.

"He was seen in Yongin."

Yongin. That was only slightly longer than an hour away from Seoul. Jimin bit his lip and looked at his hyung.

"So they're taking him out of Seoul...right?" he asked, his voice a bit hesitant to come out. Namjoon looked at him for a moment and then nodded.

"Yeah, that must be it. They don't want him close to this city. They're probably taking him far away from Seoul." 

"They could be taking him to Daegu." Yoongi said. He was leaning against the wall, his arms crossed. He had a serious look on his face and everyone took on the same look as they thought about it. Daegu was Taehyung's hometown. Would they take him there?

"Would it make sense to take him there?" Hoseok asked. He laughed a nervous laugh. "I mean, Taehyung is from Daegu. People would easily recognize him there, right?" 

"Maybe..." Namjoon mumbled. "But I think Yoongi-hyung is thinking in the right direction concerning distance."

"There are many places with that distance from Seoul though." Hoseok said. "Who knows, they could be taking him to Busan for all we know."

Jungkook snorted at this. Why would they take Taehyung to Busan? Why drive that long when you could go to any other city where you could hide him?

"It's possible." Hoseok mumbled, ruffling his hair a bit before putting his beanie back on.

Namjoon was silent while he thought about all the possible places where the kidnappers could take – or had already taken – Taehyung to. He could be anywhere...but if he had been seen in Yongin it was clear they weren't going anywhere North or West from Seoul. They were going South.

"Namjoon-ah, was that all PD nim said? That he had been seen in Yongin?" Jin asked with a soft voice, breaking Namjoon out of his thoughts. When he looked up he saw that Jimin, Jungkook and Hoseok were already back on the couch, talking softly about where they thought Taehyung could be right now. Yoongi and Jin were still in the same spot.

"Yeah, that's all. The guy who called about seeing Taehyung said that he was in a car with Park Jibeom and that it was a different car than the one they left our dorm with. According to this guy he didn't look hurt."

"He better not be hurt." Jungkook said from over the couch, his fists clenched subconsciously. "That Park Jibeom already shot him in the leg, if he does anything else..." his voice started to sound threatening, so Jimin ruffled his hair and let out a nervous laugh.