Scared

Jibeom had almost been fired by his boss two days ago when Kim Taehyung had almost escaped. 

Thank God Minjoon had been there right when the boy had attempted to run off. Even though he had been shot, even though he had been limping, he had almost escaped. Jibeom felt nervous thinking about how easily the kid could try it again. 

He really had to be careful from now on.

"What are you thinking about?" Jungsik wondered, his voice showing he was slightly annoyed. They were sitting inside the restaurant of the hotel they were staying. After what happened, Jungsik had decided he would move alongside Jibeom until they reached the next city. They had been on the road for a day now and Jungsik was leaving tomorrow. 

"Nothing much..." Jibeom sighed, looking at the food in front of him. He hadn't even touched it yet.

"You're not eating." Jungsik stated. "Something's on your mind."

"I was just thinking about how Kim almost escaped because of me..." Jibeom mumbled, not looking Jungsik in the eyes. Jungsik snorted and shook his head, leaving Jibeom with his thoughts.

Jibeom had decided to leave Taehyung in their room, tied to a chair with the door locked. Should be enough, right? 

Nope. Jungsik was still not convinced. 

That was why they had to eat quickly before going upstairs to the room again, so they could make sure Taehyung wouldn't leave the room.

"Well, if you're not going to eat, you can go upstairs to check on the kid. Maybe give him some food, I don't think we've given him much to eat yet..." Jungsik said, trailing off a little as he stared at nothing in particular. Jibeom shook his head, rolling his eyes.

"We knocked him out for a day and a half and yesterday we didn't give him anything, because you were too hungry and ate the food we had bought for him."

"Are you accusing me of not taking care of our hostage?"

"I sure am." Jibeom said without hesitation. He didn't think about the consequences of talking back. Jungsik got an angry look in his eyes and put down his chopsticks.

"Alright then. You can give him all of the food we have..." He said, pointing at the plastic bags next to Jibeom's feet. Was that it? 

"But you won't get to eat anything for the rest of the day." Nope it wasn't.

Jibeom shrugged, pretending not to care, but in fact he hated how Jungsik had this power over him. He hated how he had to obey everything this man said, just because he didn't want to get fired. Or worse.

"Sure, no problem. I'll be leaving first then." He said, his voice somehow steady as he stood up from the table they had been dining at, taking the bags from the floor before he walked out of the restaurant.

There weren't that many people around and they weren't afraid someone might suspect anything of them, since Jibeom had gotten the key and they had easily snuck in Taehyung when it was late in the evening. 

Jibeom took the key from his pocket and started swirling it around his index finger as he walked towards the elevator. Once he was at the right floor he only had to take a few turns before he got to their room, room 394. It wasn't that big of a room, but it was big enough for the two of them, since they only needed a chair for the kid.

"Taehyung, I brought you some food." Jibeom said with a voice that showed how much he didn't care. When he closed the door behind him he put the key back into his pocket and put the bags on the floor.