Why am I always unlucky?

Jaesook slowly woke up. His head was hurting very, very badly and he had difficulty opening his eyes. Once he opened them his memories flooded back into his head and he shot up, looking around in shock, his eyes darting in every direction, hoping to find at least one of the boys. 

There was no one.

The living room was completely empty. 

Jaesook grunted and got on his feet, holding his head in pain. Yup, he remembered that as well. The man had hit him in the head with a gun. Nice. Nice first job of the month. His client got shot in the leg and he got knocked unconscious. He was going to get fired and he knew it.

That was the least of his concerns though. Right now he was worried sick about Taehyung and the others, so he searched the living room. One of them could be hiding somewhere, right? Nope. The living room was empty so he went to search the rest of the dorm. 

"Taehyung-ah!" Jaesook whisper-yelled. There was no answer and he didn't hear any sound in the apartment. He did hear something from outside the apartment though. 

"LANGUAGE NAMJOON!" Jin's voice reached all the way here. 

Jaesook had to suppress the urge to snicker. Now was not the time to laugh about Jin trying to teach his dongsaeng not to curse.

So those boys were outside? What about Taehyung? No. If Taehyung had escaped, they would've been running to BigHit's building already. Or to the police station. Anywhere but here. 

Jaesook cursed at himself for letting all of this happen. Taehyung wasn't in the dorm, so he had to search the whole building. He had no idea how many floors this building had exactly, but he knew that there were quite a lot above BTS's dorm and not that many underneath it. They only lived on the fifth floor.
"It'll take way too long..." He mumbled to himself through gritted teeth. "Who knows what'll happen in the meantime..."

He heard a loud bang and his head shot up. Shit. What had happened?!

Had he...

No. It couldn't be.

None of them knew why there was someone after the members of BTS. When Jimin and Taehyung were attacked, the man called Park Jibeom had said he had been after Jimin, but he didn't hesitate to try to take Taehyung with him as well.
That meant it didn't matter to him who he took.

At least, that's what Jaesook thought and he wasn't the only one who thought so, because otherwise he wouldn't have had to guard the whole group.

Since they didn't know the purpose of this intruder attacking the boys, he was scared the man would hurt Taehyung even more. What if their reason was to kill them?
He shook the thought out of his head.
"No, don't think about that." He told himself. He composed himself, shook his head once more and straightened his back. He grabbed his gun a little tighter and made his way out of the apartment, starting his search for Taehyung.

//////////////////////////////////////////////

He was trembling severely, shaking uncontrollably. He couldn't make a sound – the man had taken care of that. He stared at the body in front of him, eyes wide open in shock. He was ready to throw up and pass out. 

After dragging him out of his warm home, the man had pulled him into the elevator. They went to the second floor, confusing Taehyung, but he hadn't been able to do much while he was lying on the elevator's floor, holding his leg and crying in pain. Once they got to the second floor, the man had dragged Taehyung towards the apartment furthest away from the elevator and he had kicked open the door.