chapter 16

The next few days felt so miserable I slept so much and when I was awake my ears rang my nose was plugged my head hurt and even my stomach was throwing a fit. I knew people were starting to get worried about me Aaron tried coming over a bunch of times but mom would tell him to go away every time. Jake and Eli both texted my asking if they could come over to check on me as well as trying to make sure I was fine I just told them I was fine so they would leave me alone.

I heard voices coming upstairs I could hear my mom’s voice and someone elses but I couldn’t tell who’s voice it belonged to all I could tell was it was a man.

“So you never told her anything about me?” the deep voice sounded frustrated with my mom I squeezed my eyes tighter like they were going to open my door anytime soon, but I knew they wouldn’t.

“I couldn’t, how are you supposed to tell a little kid that her dad wasn’t coming back and it was because of you?!” she hissed back at him.

My eyes flew open at the realization she was talking to my father. “Dad,” I whispered to myself.

“Same way I told Jake, not tell her I’m dead that’s horrible. You didn’t see that hiding it from her was just going to blow up in your face.” He snapped back at her I heard my door knob start to turn but the hand was snatched away from it quickly.

“Stay away from her, she is sick and sleeping.”

“Dad?” I slapped my hands over my mouth to late it already came out louder then I intended.

1… 2… 3… seconds went by before he opened the door. “Anna? Baby girl are you alright?” he asked hesitantly.

I quickly wiped away the tears starting to form in my eyes and quickly shook my head yes. He quickly paced across the room and gave me a bear hug I returned it back to him holding onto him like any second he would disappear. “I missed you…” he whispered in my ear tears just started to flow down my cheeks faster as sobs shook through my body.

“I missed you too,” I brought my arm away and wiped my tears away again.

“Don’t worry I won’t leave you, not again.” He held me at arm’s length. “Can you forgive me.”

I felt at a loss for words did I forgive him? Yes… but what was life going to be like now that we’re back together as a family? I shook my head not wanting to say anything again my throat was starting to get sore again. I felt my eye’s get droopy he laid me down on my pillow tucked me in. “goodnight angel.” He kissed my forehead and left the room shutting off the light before he was gone.

I woke up in the afternoon sometime the next day I felt so much better a slight cough was left but I could handle that I got up and stretched letting out a long yawn as I did. I felt really energetic probably from being in a bed for close to a week.

I walked to my closet and picked out a bra some panties and an AE Embroidered Mesh Corset Dress the one in true black. I jumped in the shower and got out taking my time in there, when I got out I slipped on a pair of forever 21 black beaded bow moccasins along with a simple brown smoky eye makeup.

“Feeling better?” moms voice came from the corner of my room startling me and making me drop the perfume I was about to put on. 

“Crap, mom you scared me.” I turned to the door way to face her and she gave me a raised eyebrow. “Yes mom, I’m feeling way better now and I’m going out for a while I’ve been bored stiff just sitting in this house for almost a week.” I shrugged trying to get her to stop the questions, as well as trying to get my hair up into a high ponytail.

“Ok,” with that last remark she just walked off.

I looked in the mirror putting a little bit of lip gloss and sliding on a little white flower on the side of my ponytail before I left the room myself. I took a slow walk next door to Aaron’s house and tapped on the door with my knuckle.