chapter 15

Honestly I don’t know what I was thinking, or maybe I was over thinking things. No, you did this because you can’t have them both knowing that you’re dating their enemy. My mind kept fighting with its self, contradicting thoughts spinning in my head practically giving me a headache. I drove to Eli’s house for practice I just planned on forgetting about earlier pretend it didn’t happen maybe ignore parker if worse comes to worse, but I know plans don’t always go accordingly.

          “Hey?” Eli’s text tone blared over my radio. I don’t text while driving so I just called him over radio speaker.

          On the 3rd ring he picked up and lazily said “hello…”

          “sorry I can’t text at the moment I’m in the car.”

          “Yeah well Parker told me what happened…” he just drifted off like he didn’t know what to say.

          “Honestly I have no clue what to say about that, I mean I couldn’t tell him about Aaron and I was gonna use u as my fake bf but I didn’t want to p-him off with that because well he’s your friend and things like that turn really fighty real fast.” My words just came out so fast I barley spaced them enough to make sense.

          “First of all calm down, second of all I will go along with that only to help you as long as Aaron knows.” I almost stopped the car out of shock, to my surprise I must have because I got a huge honk to the rear.

          “Anna are you ok?!” He shouted into the phone worriedly.

          “Yeah sorry I’m fine, I just need to get this straight you actually give a shiz what Aaron knows and all that stuff?” I realize what I just said didn’t come out the way I meant it to sound like. “I didn’t mean it that way!” I exclaimed “I meant aren’t you all supposed to like hate each other…” I drifted off trying to stop my incessant babbling.

          “Do you talk a million miles a minute normally?” He joked, failing to lighten the mood. “Anyways, I’m just caught in the middle like you I pretend like I really don’t like him but to be honest I have no problem with the guy.” He explained way too calmly.

          “Oh,” was all that seemed to sputter from my mouth.

          “So you better hurry up and call him.” I jutted from my trance of thought and almost had some of the puzzle put together.

          “One sec I’m putting you on hold.” I said way to fast switching the call over to Aaron.

          He picked up right away and answered with a worried “hello.”

          “you know that Aaron knows about us right,” I tried to ease him into this idea.

          “Yeah?” he carried out the word letting suspicion an curiosity ring in and out of his voice.

          “And you know about that parker thing?”