Chapter 11

I’ve been waiting for you to wake up for almost a day now seeing you in this condition hurts me I wish I could understand what happened they say they’re not sure if you’re ever going to wake up but I know you will, so prove me right. I know we ended things on an upbeat note but what do you think would have happened if I wouldn’t have moved, would you be here now or would I just be in the bed beside you. How would we have progressed?  I will always love you please remember that and please pull through.

                Love and hugs, Anna

                I wrote down my letter to Ezra hoping he would get better my tears falling occasionally on the pages of the letter sometimes catching a letter and smearing it. Everything I wrote was true I didn’t realize how much I missed him until I got here me and him had barley spent a day apart before I moved and its already been a week I know it’s pathetic how co-dependent I am when I’m around him though everything was alright, but now that I know that I could lose him my pulse has quickened to an unhealthy pace.

                 I grabbed his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze letting him know I was there and that he needed to pull through. I thought I felt him squeeze back but I looked up at him and his face was the same as before unmoving and paler than usual. I wiped my eyes when I heard footsteps down the hall letting me know someone was coming in before I could actually see their faces.

                “Evening Anna,” the nurse said making sure to acknowledge I was there.

                “Afternoon Juliana.” I said under my breathe not willing myself to speak out.

                “Aren’t you getting hungry?” she asked trying to make polite conversation.

                “No…” I semi- lied; I was hungry but to depressed to eat.

                “You have to be you’ve been here all day and haven’t left that spot once.” She marched up to me as soon as she was done with Ezra’s tubes. “You are hungry don’t try to lie to me what do you think Ezra would say to you if he knew you were starving yourself while he was like this?”

                “But-“ I tried to interject

                “But nothing if you don’t eat something soon you’re going to end up in a bed right next to him.” Her rant was tough to get around but the plain fact was I just couldn’t eat right now.

                She finally figured I wasn’t going to listen to her she just shrugged and walked out of the room. I sat there humming to myself again hoping he’d miraculously wake up, I guess I didn’t notice when I blacked out.

                “Haha you can’t catch me!” I gloated to Ezra, that one mistake proved me wrong before I realized it his arms were wrapped around my waist. I looked around for an escape but all I found was a football.

                 “Let me go!” I shouted.

                “I think I’d need a bit of compensation for that,” he teased thinking I wouldn’t do anything.

                I lifted up my head a few centimeters from his and landed a quick kiss on his lips while he was sitting there fazed I wiggled out of his arms. I pressed my fingers up to my lips, my first kiss. I grabbed the football and threw a spiral right his way leaving him barely enough time to snap out of it and catch it.

                He pretended to throw it back to me and instead just ran with it and his arms were wrapped around me again. I laughed lightly and turned around in his arms snuggling into his chest. He brushed my hair down with his hands and I looked up in his eyes I could see them glimmering with his excitement.