Epilogue

*Epilogue*

*Eight years later*

-Alexanders POV-

I wait in the airport lobby, my leg shaking slightly. Looking down at my phone there's no new messages. He should be here any second. I haven't seen Ethan in eight years. It's been a while. He finished classes two years ago, he's a nurse at a hospital back "home". I want to go back with him. I don't care if I leave my family, I'm immortal I can just visit them.

"Alexander?" Ethan looks down at me.

My eyes look up, meeting with his. I get up faster than expected and hug him tightly. Oh how I have missed him.

"Haha. I've missed you too, man."

We break the hug and he looks back, signaling someone to come over. A taller boy with blonde hair walks up to us.

"Alexander, this is August. My boyfriend." Ethan tangles his hand with Augusts'.

August holds out his free hand to shake, I take it trying to be polite.

"We should go out to dinner tonight!" Ethan smiles at both August and I. "Oh and you should invite Esme, I've missed her! And I can invite my mom and Juliet, I'm sure they'd love to see me. And meet you."

His last sentence makes me puke slightly in my mouth. Ethan pulls out his phone and dials a number.

"Mom? Hi! .. Yes, yes. I know, yeah.... Yeah I'm back in Seattle! .. Yes, mom. Can you come to dinner tonight with Alexander, me, his family and a special guest? .. Ah thank you! I'll text you the time and where. .. Yes I love you. See you later, bye."

Ethan looks at August and smiles. "She's excited to meet the special guest."

"So! I've been staying in your old apartment. You two can stay in the guest room?" I speak up, breaking their eye contact.

Ethan grabs his suitcase and adjusts the backpack on his shoulder, signaling we should go. August grabs his suitcase and we all start heading to my car. I wish August hadn't come. I wish August hadn't met Ethan. I thought Ethan was mine. But no now he's going to grow old with August. And adopt kids with August. Ethan and August neatly put their things in the trunk and then stand outside of the car.

"Do you want the front seat?" Ethan looks at August.

PLEASE NO.

"No. I'm good with the back babe." August smiles and sits in the back in the middle.

Ethan hops into the passenger side and buckles up. I get in too, buckling up and starting the engine.

"So. What do you do, August, as a career?" I ask.

"I work in the ER part of the hospital. I'm a doctor at that part. The rush of it all." He smiles.

"August was a senior in college when I was a freshman. I was having trouble finding my class and he had helped me through out the day." Ethan looks back at August and smiles brightly.

I grip the steering wheel tighter and focus on the road, nodding.

//Time skip cause I don't wanna talk about Alexander inviting his family etc etc//

My mother grabs Ethan and pulls him into a tight hug. "I've missed you!"

"Haha. I've missed you too, Esme." He hugs my mother back then turns to his mom.

They hug tightly before letting go. "Mom.. This is August, my boyfriend." He smiles and August comes over, greeting his mother.

"It's so nice to meet you, August."

"You too." He smiles

Ethan then looks over at Juliet. "Jules." He looks at her, smiling.

"E!" Juliet runs over and hops into his arms.

"God! You're so big now! Fourteen. You're a teenager, gross." He smiles.

"Says the now nearly twenty five year old!" She smiles.

They both laugh and he sets his sister down and we wait to be seated. The small area we're in gets filled with conversation. My mother and Ethan's mom talking about motherly things. Juliet, August and Ethan all talking with slight bickering between Ethan and August. I watch Ethan and August. No matter how much I hate it, they do look good together.

"Okay. I will show you where your seats are." A waiter speaks up.

The six of us follow him before sitting down, handing us our menus. As we look over the menus, some conversation continues but not as much. And before I know it, all of us are ordering. But as we wait and then eat, chatter never stops. Everyone has a good time. Even me.

It was nice seeing Ethan smile so much. He was genuinely happy and I'm proud of him.

"I'd like to do something quickly." August stands up. Pulling Ethan up with him by his hand.

"What?" Ethan looks confused and slightly concerned.

"Ethan. I've known you for eight years and we've dated for six. We met in college and became close instantly. I knew a connection was there almost as soon as I began helping you. Two years later, I finally asked you out and it made me so happy. And here we are, six years later. You, nearly twenty five and me, twenty nine. And by now I think its safe to say I love you." August then gets down on a knee and pulls out a small black box. "We don't have to get married right away, we could wait a year. Or longer if you want. But will you marry me?"

Ethan stands there, speechless. He's completely frozen. But both my mother and his mother are smiling and nodding their heads wildly. Me? I sit here confused. Why wait until now to do the proposal. Did he bring the ring this far to do this?

"Ethan?" August asks, concerned.

"Yes." Ethan says quietly.

And thats when my world came crashing down on me.

• A/N
SOOO thats the epilogue. I could do a bonus chapter of their wedding if thats wanted but I think its safe to say, Auctioned Off is complete. Ive spent a year writing this. And yeah it took me forever but im glad i did it. No one has said what the want as in another book of some spin off or anything but im always open to comments even a year from now. So yeah. Thanks for making here and.. yeah!  Xoxo Kat •