15

*Chapter fifteen*

-Ethans POV-

Opening my eyes, I look at the ceiling. When I don't feel another presence next to me, I look over. As expected, Alexander wasn't there. He must have woken up, realised and got out of bed.

I get up, finding my shirt and putting it on. Slowly, I drag my feet down the stairs. Yawning, I turn the corner and there Alexander is. On the couch, watching something on the laptop.

He looks calm but zoned in. Like one wrong move could easily scare him. His legs are kicked up on the coffee table as he leans back into the couch.

I continue walking up to him and sit down.

"Hey." I say.

Alexander pauses the show or movie and removes the earbuds.

"Hello."

"So formal." I say and tilt my head. Just last night he was fun and cuddly. Now he's back to the attempt in being mysterious.

"I think you forget that technically I can talk to you how I please. Considering you're under my name."

My mouth drops. What the hell?

"Ive got family things to attend to. Go grocery shopping, then come right back." He says as he gets up.

Alexander goes to the kitchen and grabs, what I'm assuming is, his backpack. Then he walks out without another word.

He essentially just called me his pet again. After everything, the kiss, the cuddling, watching movies together, even me getting a new house. And this is how he acts?

Whatever, I've got to go shopping anyways. I drag myself to my bedroom and look in my closet. The pile of clothes I never got the chance to put away lays on the floor. I pick up a t-shirt and some jeans. Throwing them on, I grab my key to the apartment, some money, my phone and head back down the stairs.

I turn to make sure I didn't leave anything and then turn back to the door and walk out. If i'm being totally honest, I don't even know where the store is. But its worth a shot trying to find it.

I lightly bounce down the two flights of stairs that I have to take to get back to my apartment later. Walking out the door of the entrance to all the apartments, I look both ways. I don't see a store within my view right now.

Sighing heavily, I turn right and begin my journey. There has to be a store relatively close. I weave my way through people along the sidewalk, trying my best not to make eye contact.

My phone starts buzzing in my pocket and I pull it out but still try to maintain focus on finding the store. I swipe across my screen and put the phone to my ear.

"Honey! Hi." My moms voice chirps loudly into the phone.

"Hello." I smile even though she can't see.

"How are you?"

I notice the store in a far distance and cross the road. "I'm alright. I got my new place."

"Oh sweetie I'm so happy for you. Are we able to visit any time soon? Jules really misses you." Jules lightly cries in the background.

"Soon. I have to figure everything out first." I sigh, continuing to walk along the sidewalk.

"Okay. I have to cut this call short though, your sister is upset again." She sighs tiredly.

"Okay mom. I love you."

"Love you too." And with that, she ends the call.

Finally, I arrive at the store. What does one even get as groceries. I was given a credit card by Esme. But I'm not even sure how much is on it. I don't want to spend too much.