9

*Chapter nine*

-Ethan's POV-

I jolt awake feeling groggy. Memories of last night flood back. Alexander "turning me." I look around noticing no one is around me. Where did they go?

Getting up, I exit the fort and begin going up the stairs. The door was unlocked. I open it and find Astor right there.

"Good morning!" He chirps.

"Uhm. Morning?" I mumble but it comes out more as a question.

"Guess what!" He smiles.

"Hm?"

"Momma and Dad are moving out. They don't want to live here. But I get to stay!" He hugs me tightly.

I stumble slightly at the sudden hug but I wrap my arms around his small frame, hugging him back.

When he lets go, he rushes downstairs. I'm assuming he is either making even more of a mess or cleaning up. I walk towards the kitchen area and sit down on a stool, watching Alexander cook.

His tall, lean frame moving effortlessly across the kitchen. From the fridge to counters to the stove. All while his back is turned to me, never turning to face me.

"Its weird to stare," Alexander speaks up after moments of silence that felt like hours.

"I wasn't staring." I look at the counter.

"Oh, sorry. I meant gawking." He turns and faces me, smirking as his skin shines slightly near his forehead probably from sweating due to being near a hot stove for a long period of time.

"I wasn't gawking either. Don't be so cocky." I laugh a bit.

He simply smiles and turns back around, continuing to cook. The effortless moving continues. He's in a good mood today. I still have two questions though.

"When can I start going outside, like, in the yard." I blurt out suddenly.

Alexander stiffens slightly and he turns to look at me. "It's not safe for you to be out in the yard on your own Ethan."

"Then let someone come with me. Like you or Astor." I try to convince him.

He sighs slightly, "why are you suddenly so curious?"

"I haven't had fresh air in days for one. For two I've been locked in this house pretty much since we got here. I want to see where I'm going to be staying until my life is over for three. And for four, I like thinking outside."

"I suppose I can have someone escort you later." He turns back around, waving a hand slightly.

I nod at his response and smile to myself slightly. It worked. A compromise. At least he's going easy on me.

"So. Astor said something last night." I mumble.

He stiffens up again but lets out a deep breath, clearly trying to act as if he doesn't know what I'm talking about. "Oh?"

"Yeah. Something about... turning me?" I ask, my voice slightly squeaking.

"He was just hyped on sugar." He waves his hand, blowing it off.

"Alexander. We didn't have sweets." I push more.

"Leave the subject alone." He says slightly harsh.

"Alright." I whisper and begin heading towards "my" room.

Alexander grabs my arm. "Where do you think you're going?"

"My room." I look at him confused.

"No." He states.

"Why?"

"My mother wants to go out for dinner tonight. It's her birthday. We must dress up and we only got you casual clothing. We need to go shopping." He says.

"When?"

"Now." He pulls me gently when I begin moving forward he lets me go.

"I never got to shower.," I mumble slightly as I walk alongside him.

"You can shower later, it's not like you have anyone to impress."

I get in the car, on the passenger side, as Alexander gets in on the drivers' side. Before I manage to even buckle my seat belt, we are already moving and heading towards the mall.  He seems to be angry. Could it be what Astor said last night? I'm still vaguely confused about that entire situation but how do I bring it up again without him getting bitter.

Within a few minutes, we arrive at our destination. Apparently, Alexander was in a trance of his own thoughts as well, he too seems vaguely confused as to how we got here so quickly. He exits the car and lightly slams the door. Well, he seems to be irritated. What did I do to make him angry? Was it what I had said before? He had all this time to think it over though.

"Are you going to get out or are you going to sit there all day?" He asks.

I process that I'm still in the car and get out my cheeks flushing in the process. He locks the car and we begin our short walk to the mall.

"Why are you so quiet?" He asks.

"I have nothing to say," I mumble.

He sighs and stops walking which causes me to pause. He turns and looks at me. Putting his hand under my chin, he tilts my head up slightly.

"There's always something going through your mind, don't be afraid to say it." He says as he looks me directly in the eyes.

"I don't want to make you mad" I whisper.

"You only make me mad because there are so many things I need to say but cannot." I just now realise how tall he actually is, as he is towering over me.

"Why not?" I try to look down.

"You are not ready to know." He takes a step back, releasing my chin.

We both begin walking again as I replay the scene that just occurred over and over in my head. What is happening to me? I hardly know him and I'm not ready to come out of the closet with him. There's no reason for him to know.

We enter the store and I inhale deeply, taking in the scent of the food courts upstairs. Following Alexander further in, my phone vibrates in my back pocket. I almost forgot I had a phone.

"Who could possibly be calling you?" Alexander whips around.

I take out my phone and look at the screen. An amber alert. "Another Animal Attack Near Your Location" Is blinking in front of my eyes.

"Dear God.." He whispers.

*******A/N
Sorry for such a late update! Everything was happening between holidays and school that i just kept forgetting to update! What do you think about their little..scene? *******