11

*Chapter eleven*

-Ethan's POV-

I step out of the bathroom, the steam flooding into my room.

"Ethan hurry up!"

"Give me a few minutes!" I yell back.

"In a few minutes we'll be late!" Alexander opens the door.

I yelp and hold the towel tightly around my waist.

"Ohmygosh put some clothes on!" He yells and exits the room.

I roll my eyes and change into the clothes I had placed on my bed before. I run my hands through my hair and tuck my phone into my back pocket. Swinging open my door, Alexander is right there.

"About time." He huffs and begins walking. Automatically, I follow.

**Time skip ((:**

"Alexander, honey!" His mother runs up to him, hugging him tightly.

Then she looks at me and embraces me, too avoid uncomfortable conflict I hug her back.

"Sit, sit." She places a hand on my back and guides me to a chair beside her.

"Are Alice and Chandler attending?" Alexander asks, sitting down across from me.

"No. They wanted to take Astor out today." Esme looks down at her menu.

We all look at our menus for a couple minutes until a waiter comes over and smiles politely. He looks at me and his smile widens a bit.

"What would you guys like to eat?" He says, not losing eye contacts with me.

As Esme and Lyle begin ordering their food, the waiter would look at the sketch pad to write things down then back at me.

Under the table I feel a sudden sharp pain in my ankle. Quickly I look over at Alexander.

"Stop." He whispers, low enough for only me to hear. I look at him strangely, unsure what exactly he is talking about.

"And you?" The waiter comes over to stand beside me.

"Oh. I'll just have a steak and mashed potatoes." I smile and hand him the menu. The waiter smiles back and brushes my hand.

"Babe, you probably shouldnt eat too much. Theres still dessert for later." Alexander winks at me.

My mouth drops to the floor and I look at Lyle and Esme. Neither of them seem bothered. But the waiter looks at me uncomfortably and proceeds to ask Alexander what he would like to eat.

Did nobody just process that he called me babe? Am I hearing things? I could have sworn Alexander just called me babe.

"All right. I'll take those menus and ill be out with your food shortly." The waiter yes, avoiding eye contact.

I collect all of the menus from Alexanders family and hand it to the waiter. Then looking back at Alexander, I see him smiling to himself.

"What was that for?" I ask sharply.

"What was what for?" Alexander smiles.

I huff and sip the water that Lyle and Esme must have ordered for us before we showed up.

"So. How long do you think you will be staying with us, Ethan?" Esme turns to look at me.

My mind goes blank. I have no idea. I didn't have a choice in coming here and I don't have a choice leaving either.

"He will be staying with us until he can find a home for himself." Alexander pipes in.

"I'm not saying we don't want him but I will look around for opening jobs, we will open a bank account for him and place money in it and then we will look into apartments." Esme smiles.

"Mom!" Alexander looks at her with wild eyes.

"That'd be lovely." I say to Esme. This will be my shot to leave.

**Esmes Pov**

I smile back at Ethan due to his excitement. I know what its like to be taken. Lyle was born into a very rich family and his parents had set the law up for sixteen year olds in poor families to be taken. Lyle had went to the auction and chose me.

I had missed my family and I wanted to leave. But Lyle began falling in love with me. And I began to fall for him. His family thought it was a disgrace. Little did I know, he was a vampire. I was meant to be fed on. To be drained of my blood. Lyle had left taking me with him and we hid. When his parents had been killed we went to the house and took the money.

Lyle had known passwords to banks and any secret areas. He had proof he was their son. So he inherited it all. We married soon after and within a few weeks I was pregnant. I had a baby, Chandler. And four years later I had Alexander. After two Lyle and I talked. We didn't want me to grow old. After all, we were in love and love is supposed to last forever.

So after Alexander was done needing me for proper human things as a young child, Lyle turned me. I became a vampire. As the two boys grew older, they knew what their parents were. They thought it was so fascinating. They, too, wanted to be vampires. Enough so that both tried to kill themselves.

They set up ideas that if they tried to die, their parents would turn them. Chandler tried at age 22. I came into his bedroom to my son with pills next to him and his heart beating slowly. Quickly I had fed him my blood and snapped his neck. I had sobbed next to his body and within hours he had awoken with a deep hunger.

Alexander attempted when he was 18, just days after Chandler. It was hard to keep Chandler from feasting upon his own brother. Alexander hung himself. Chandler had heard the sound of a chair falling so he rushed to the room and in seconds he had fed Alexander his blood within the last few seconds Alexander had to live.

Chandler had removed Alexanders body after it was clear that he had "died". He laid him upon the bed and sat there, waiting. And like Chandler, Alexander awoke with hunger.

The boys continued to live and act as if they were human. Chandler had went to college and fell in love with Alice. Soon she found out about the secret and she still remained, she wasn't scared. She was brave. Within a year Alice had gotten pregnant with Astor. And two years after, Alice wanted to be turned. Chandler was more than happy to turn her and the two had eternal love as well.

Now, almost seven years later, Alexander had went out. It was the day of the auctions and he had left. He was gone for hours. And then he came home with a boy who looked scared and ragged. He was hurt and dirty. It was obvious Alexander had went to the auctions and found someone.

I don't want my boy feasting upon an innocent sixteen year old. Its time Ethan does what he want. If Ethan truly values Alexanders friendship, they will remain close. We will pay his bills and make sure he is okay until Ethan turns 20. We will support him for four years.

**A/N

So thats another chapter. I decided that it would be good to give a little back story into their lives. And to establish the fact that Alexander, Chandler, Esme, Lyle and Alice are in fact vampires. Xoxo Kat **