8

*Chapter eight*

-Ethan's POV-

"No way! That is so unfair! Ethan!!! Alexander cheated!" Astor yells loudly even though im right next to him.

"I did not cheat! No one ever set rules! Im just great at Mario Kart." Alexander defends himself.

Ive been watching them play Mario Kart for the past hour. And actually, I'm not bored. Usually i would be. Id get so bored that id leave and go read a book. But Astor and Alexander are entertaining. They've had fake arguments on who is cheating and who isn't. They'd look at me to back one of them up even, but as always i stay out of it.

I watch them with a small smile. I get up and go to a table we set up and pour a cup of Dr. Pepper, also grabbing a handful of chips. Walking back over, i notice they laid down and took my spot.

"Hey! No! That is wayyyyy unfair guys! Now where do i sit." I whine slightly.

Alexander winks and pats his lap. I narrow my eyes. The little asshole.

"Come onnnnnnnnn." I whine.

"Fine, fine. Ill move over and you can lay in the middle." Alexander wiggles to the left and allows me to lay down in the middle, my chips on a blanket. Ew i know. And my drink, still in the cup, on the floor.

***time skip***

"Im bored of this." Astor sighs dramatically and puts down the controller.

"Same man." Alexander says and turns off the console, taking both controllers and putting them up.

"Now what?" I ask as i sit up.

Astor tackles me until i lay back down and then he sits on my stomach.

"What was the for?" I raise an eyebrows in confusion. But all Astor does is shrug. I look over at Alexander and he is observing us while also lost in thought.

"Snap out of it." I say, clapping my hands.

"Hey hey. Don't be rude." Alexander fake pouts.

"Im sorrryyy." I smile. But this time it isn't my normal 'haha your funny' smile. Its more of a goofy smile. The one you get before you burst out laughing. But i dont burst out laughing. I just sit there, with a goofy smile.

"Ew get a room. Its like eye sex." Astor whines and gets off of me. My eyes quickly shoot to him, my neck turning in the process. If i had turned my neck any faster, I'm sure it would have snapped.

Astor puts his hands up in surrender. "Its the truth."

"How do you know why eye sex is? Or sex in general. You're like eight." Alexander asks with wide eyes.

"My friend." Astor simply smirks and then runs over to the fort, going inside.

I giggle a bit. Alexander is so shocked as if he himself is totally innocent. But who, at this age, really is? Who at any age really is? Kids as young as seven have begun learning this stuff and joke about dirty things. But thats just the way it is.

Alexander drops the topic and just stares off.

"You good?" I ask, looking at him.

"Yeah." He nods and follows Astor into the fort. I quietly follow behind.

"Where is my son?" I hear a woman from above calls out. Astor quickly hides behind me, even if his mother cannot see him.

"Please dont let her take me." He whines.

I nod. "Stay here with Alexander." I walk up the stairs from the basement, unlock the door and come out.

Alice, Astors mother, runs over to me, aiming for the door but i block it.

"Get out of my way!" She angrily snarls.

"He is safe. Alexander is down there too." I speak calmly.

"We are leaving this house!" She yells.

"No. Astor doesn't want to leave. He appears to be scared of you and your husband."

"That's nonsense! We are his parents." She yells again.

"He is not leaving with you or your husband and even i will make sure of that. Im going back down stairs with your son and your brother in law."

"Stop acting like youre superior. I know who you really are and i know how you got here, Ethan. Youre nothing more than a middle classed man who has been auctioned off to my brother in law. And be careful around this family, we are more than you think." She gets closer, right to my ear. "Trust no one."

I turn around, open the door. I give her one last look before closing the door and locking it again. Walking down the stairs, i hear hushed voices.

"He's cute" The smaller voice, likely Astors, speaks.

"Hush up." The more masculine voice mumbles.

"When are you going to tell him?"

"Im not sure yet. We have only known each other a few days."

"Well he needs to know. Especially if youre going to spend all of eternity together."

"Astor. Im not gay."

"I didnt mean it like that!"

I take step, accidentally stepping on a chip and everything goes quiet. I continue walking, and come into the fort.

"Hey guys." I smile as if i heard nothing.

"How much did you hear?" Alexander asks.

"I came back to "Astor im not gay"" I laugh a bit.

"Whatever." Alexander slightly smiles and gets out of the fort.

"When is Alex going to turn you?" Astor turns to me.

"Turn me?" I ask as if he is asking a ridiculous question.

"Yea."

"What do you mean? Turn me in a circle?" I ask,

"No. Turn you. You know. Where you drink his blood, then you die for a couple seconds and then you come back and have human blood to complete it and then share blood so you two are bonded?" He asks as if its an everyday question.

"ASTOR!" Alexander yells and comes into the fort.

I sit there quietly, unsure of what to think. Astor cowards behind me, avoiding Alexander at all costs. He wasnt supposed to tell me these things.

****A/N
Another chapter complete. I know i rushed the vampire part but i need to keep the book interesting and not just keep doing an "everyday in Alexander and Ethans life". So theres some spice. Do you think Astor should of told Ethan? ******