2

*Chapter Two*

-Ethan's POV-

I open my eyes groggily, realizing I must have fallen asleep. I attempt to stretch, groaning in slight discomfort as my limbs beg me to go back to my previous position.

"Rise and shine cupcakes. Your new owners are here!" A man yells as I assume it's the one that had lead me in here.

The girl across from my cell begins to screech as her cell door opens and two men walk in, another standing by the door.

"No! No! You can't do this!" She yells and they grab her by her arms and begin to carry her out. Her blonde mane going in all different directions as she shakes her head fiercly, her small body wiggling under their arms.

"But see we can sweetheart." The one holding open the door brushes his chubby hand along her sculpted jaw.

My eyes begin to water. I don't understand this law. I don't want it to happen to me. Not to Juliet. To no one. Some are lucky enough to be set free. But with my luck, I won't.

My cell door creaks, signaling it has been opened. I stand and hold out my arms, allowing them to take me. There is no point in struggling if I wont win.

"You've got some brains boy. Not fighting back is a good choice." The creepy man smiles.

The men then carry me towards a door.

"Next up; Ethan Ezell. Young boy from a middle classed family with a druken father and two siblings, one died after being auctioned." A man calls out.

Soon enough im pushed through a door. As I gain my balance in the middle of a large tanned stage.

"The bid starts at five hundred" the man with the microphone speaks.

Many people look at me as I stand up straight staring at them. So many faces. All of them pale. Some old, some young.

"One thousand!" A woman calls out raising her hand.

"Fifteen hundred!" Another person calls out as I try to find the voice.

"Three thousand dollars." A masculine voice speaks loud, calm and clear.

"Going once!" The microphoned man yells.

"Going twice!"

"Sold! Pick up your pet in the registration room." He says.

A tall man comes out from behind the deep red curtain and pushes me towards the end of the tan stage and leads me down a few sets of stairs and through a door revealing a small room with a desk.

One pale man stands with the girl that went before me. She looks scared but also kind of pleased. She then looks over at me, giving me a small smile. Since when was she happy about this. The pale man turns around and gently tugs on her leash, making her follow him out of the area and down a hallway.

As they leave a new pale man comes in. He looks tall, maybe 6'3. His black hair neatly swept to one side. A perfect jaw line. Perfect posture. His lips pressed into a thin line. He gracefully walks up to the desk.

The other man that had a hold of me pushes me towards the pale man and then leaves. I remain still as I inhale the amazing scent of his cologne.

"Would you like to change your pets name?" The small woman behind the counter asks.

The pale man looks down at me then back at the lady. "No." His voice coming out hard.

"Would you like a warranty. If this one dies within a year you get your money back?" She asks quietly.

He shrugs casually "No."

"Okay and which beginners leash would you like? We have red, black and purple in the thick style. Red, black, purple and white in the medium and-" she gets cut off.

"Black in the thin."

The woman nods and hands over the leash. "There you are sir."

He takes the leash, looking at me. His cold fingers brush along my neck as he hooks the leash up to my collar. I shiver slightly at the contact. He smiles with pleasure and gently tugs on the leash, leading me out to the hallway.

"I am Alexander. You refer to me as Owner." He says sternly.

I nod, letting him know I knew what he said. I keep up to his pace while my legs beg for the pain to stop considering I haven't walked fast nor ran in the past week. He tugs my leash as we go to the front door, I glance at the security guard.

"Have a fun time now" he grins.

I try to set aside the uneasiness in my stomach. I'll be okay. I can handle it. I hope.

"In." Alexander says almost quietly.

Nodding, I climb into the car. It's like a sports car. The ones with no roof but it's completely back. My clothes blend in completely with the black leather seats.

"I need to put this on you. You can't see the location of the house. Not like you could escape but it is required." He mumbles on.

"Okay Al- Master." I lick my cracked lips.

He shivers slightly but puts a black blindfold over my eyes, tying it behind my head.

So far there hasn't been any torture. No getting beat or yelled at. But knowing me I'll make a stupid remark and then find myself on the floor with a bloody nose for being an idiot.

Alexander doesn't seem like the type. He seems..alright. Although he is most definitely a mystery. Very confusing as well. Sometimes he looks pleased with my behavior like how im willingly going with him. But also upset with my behavior like when I almost called him Alexander.

This is going to take a lot of getting used to.

***Author  //
Hey so this chapter is a little shorter than the first one and I was going to end it with them reaching the house but I felt like ending it with Ethan's thoughts was better.
Have you met anyone confusing like Alex?
I haven't.  //

***