Chapter 1

"Have either of you heard from Tony, lately?" Daniel asks

"Yeah, he sent me a text last week. Sounds like the magic academy is tough, in biology lab they have to bring the frog back to life," Emma explains.

"That's nothing, you know Max's dad got transferred and they had to move to Texas. Well at least in his new school, they have to dissect a frog, barbecue it, and then eat it," Daniel argues jokingly.

"Ew," Emma chuckles.

I sigh, I hate being the third wheel. I noticed Diego coming over and get excited since I wouldn't really be alone anymore.

"Hey Di, what up with the mittens?" I question.

"Having some issues regulating," Diego answers.

"You know sometimes snow just-just pops right out. Froze bathwater over the weekend with me in it," he rants.

"Mittens are the solution?" Daniel asks.

"Gotta better one? How do you guys control your powers-" Diego asks.

"They lost their powers, remember..." Daniel interrupts while I avoid eye contact.

"They still haven't come back yet?" Diego wonders.

"Uhh...no," Emma denies.

"Bummer," Diego mumbled.

"Not really, it's kind of nice knowing no one's gonna incinerate my girl and her sister," Daniel argues.

I roll my eyes, once again love being a third wheel in this conversation even though Diego's here.

"Wish I could say the same. Still have nightmares about that," Diego shoves at the thought.

Everything was interrupted by our dad over the intercom. "Attention,Principal Alonso speaking! Can they hear me? I don't think they can hear me!? Is this thing on? Oh, hello? Can anyone hear me?"

"Oh, no," Emma mutters well I'm too busy laughing my butt off.

"Wait, wait, wait! OK, OK... It's on. Salem Alonso, Emma Alonso please report to the principals office."

"He's not gonna-" Emma starts.

"Thank you, thank you very much," our father continues.

"Yup, he did," I mutter.

"That's harsh," Diego jokes.

"Leave them alone," Daniel chuckles.

"It's going to be a long year," I say, before we leave them behind to go and see what our dad wants.

We walk into our dads office to see him looking into a tank and to see two boys sat in front of his desk.

"Hi dad, I mean Mr. Alonso," Emma corrects herself.

"There you too are, this is Jax and Liam Novoa. New students transferred from..." He trails.

"Sydney," Liam continues our dads sentence while smiling at Emma, making her look away and blush. I snort but cover it with a cough and turned to look at his brother that was beside him, to see him smiling at me. I smiled back and quickly look away so I don't end up like my sister, blushing and looking all flustered.

"Salem, Emma, I would like for you two to show them around," our dad says.

"Me? Sure... But don't you want someone going here longer. I've never been to places like the band room, the workout room, the basement biology lab," Emma rambles.

"That place is just scary," I comment.

"I'm sure you'll both do just fine," our dad responds.

"Yeah, i'm sure you'll do just fine," Jax mocks with a smile, looking at me while his brother does the same to Emma.