2

As soon as I heard the doorbell, I ran to the door and looked through the peephole. I opened the door to a smiling Lia.

"Maya!!!" she hugged me. I returned the gesture. We went upstairs to my room and I took out my electric guitar. Lia grabbed my acoustic guitar.

"So what song should we play?" she asked.

"Castaway?"

"Okay!" I plugged in my guitar to my amp and we both tuned the guitars. The melodic sound flooded the room, and we were both drowning in the sea of music. Lia and I's voices harmonised together as we sang Castaway.

"That was amazing, we should start our own band," she laughed.

"Yeah, and maybe finally get 5SOS to notice us!"

"Oh yeah, have you chosen what you're going to do for Activities Week?" she asked.

"Nope, what is it exactly? I haven't really been updated on school stuff lately."

"It's like a week where you can go away and I guess gain some experiences aside from academic related stuff. They said it's also a good opportunity to socialise. You can go abroad or stay in the UK. There are some music ones as well! I was thinking that we should join the one called How to Rock. It's basically learning how to play rock songs and stuff."

"That sounds really fun, yes!!"

"Okay do you wanna sign up now? Cuz I don't know how popular the course is so we should do it before it gets full."

"Sure, I'll get my laptop."

-❀-

A week later during lunch, I got a notification on my phone.

"Lia, did you get into How to Rock?" I asked after I read the email I received. She pulled out her phone to check.

"Yes!! This is gonna be the best week of my life I bet," she laughed.

"I can't wait," I smiled.

--

sorry my chapters are generally quite short cuz i suck at writing lol :(