10

It was the week after Activities Week as soon as I knew it. I've been working hard again, writing notes from lectures and studying from upcoming exams. I suddenly realised that today was Wednesday, which meant that I had to meet Calum after school.

"Hey Maya," Lia approached me.

"Hiya, how are you?"

"Good thanks. Just got out of a lecture about transpiration. Honestly, I'm beginning to regret choosing pure biology because I never really liked plants. Should've done Biomed or Biochemistry like you." I laughed.

"So today's my first session with Calum, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous."

"Not surprised, it's basically a date with Calum Hood," she smirked.

"Shut up, it's not!"

"I mean, you've read enough fanfics to know what would happen...I bet you'll end up with him in a couple of weeks."

"Fanfics are just dreams that will never come true," I scoffed.

"Meeting Calum Hood was a dream that you thought would never come true, but oh look at you now."

-❀-

Me: heyy where do i meet u?

Cal Pal 💘: room 5 music block :) cya later xx

Me: :)) x

I walked towards the music block, trying to find Room 5. As soon as I got there, I peeked through the glass window and saw a 6 foot raven haired Kiwi playing the bass. I giggled and decided to sneakily film a video of him. I put my phone away and knocked on the door. He stopped playing and looked up with a smile, then gestured me to come in.

"Hi Maya!"

"Hey Cal!"

"Did you figure out what song you want to perform yet?"

"I thought about something by All Time Low, but not sure which song yet."

"That's a good choice. Maybe Poppin' Champagne or Lost In Stereo? Those songs would have a nice rocky vibe so I think people would really enjoy it," he suggested.

"Lost In Stereo sounds good to me!" I exclaimed.

"Alright then. We can start by playing the song through and see where you're at," he smiled.

- after playing it through -

"That was amazing, Maya! If you just keep practising you'll be much more familiar with it. I think you could add a solo after the bridge to wow the judge."

"How do I do that?"

"Okay so first, since the song starts in E minor, go and find an E up here on the E string. Then you basically use the pentatonic scale and you can go crazy with it! Here, I'll show you." He solos so quickly and beautifully, I wish I was as talented as him.

"Maya you are really talented. Don't underestimate yourself," he smiles. Oh wow, did I say that out loud by accident... "Here you try. Start slow." I tried making up a solo slowly. It sounded quite boring at the start because there weren't enough notes in between.

"That's a great start, you'll do so much better in time!"

"Thanks, Cal," I smiled. There was an awkward silence as we both just stared at each other for a bit. He slowly leaned in closer and reached out to touch my face.

"You've got a little eyelash right here," he said softly as he wiped it away. He sent sparks of electricity through my spine. The feeling of his touch still lingered on my cheek after he pulled away.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow for session 2," he smiled.

"Bye Calum, thanks for today."

--

lol this actually sucks but oh well