13

"Cal said they'll be here in a minute," I told Lia. We were both at Starbucks waiting for the boys, trying to hide our nervousness.

"Well I'm not fucking ready for this," Lia said.

"So am I." We were too engrossed in our conversation about what we should say to them and how to act in front of them that we didn't realise the 4 boys sitting in front of us.

"Ahem," I heard a familiar voice. Lia and I turned to the direction of the sound.

"OH MY GOD WHAT-"

"FUCK THEY'RE REAL OH PLEASE KILL ME NOW!" The 4 boys laughed at me and Lia's reactions.

"Hi, we're 5 Seconds of Summer, but I assume you already knew that," Ashton giggled.

"HIS FUCKING GIGGLE, I CAN'T," I screamed.

"So this is Maya and I'm guessing her best friend Lia?" Luke gestured towards each of us.

"Yeah how'd you know that oh my God," I said. Luke laughed.

"Maybe if it wasn't for loverboy Calum here, who wouldn't shut up about you-" Luke explained. "Ouch!" Calum punched Luke's arm. Lia smirked at me.

I saw Michael stealing secret glances at Lia from time to time, then looked at Calum and smirked. He understood what I was getting at.

"I love your hair, Lia!" Michael blurted out, then smiled at Lia.

"T-thank you, Michael! I love yours too, as always," she couldn't stop grinning and I saw a little blush forming on her cheeks. I looked at Michael to see the same expression being mirrored.

We talked about how Lia and I were fans from 2014, how we met and how we've never seen them live before. They invited us to their studio where they can do a mini private concert for us.

"Don't worry, Cal told us about this ages ago. He even made us practise everyday to make sure this was perfect for you guys," Ashton laughed and Calum blushed in return.

"Did not!"

"You can say all you want but looking at your tomato red face, I don't think what you said is really convincing," Luke laughed.

"Hey guys wanna have a barbie on Calum's cheeks?" Michael asked jokingly, as everyone else but Calum burst in laughter.

"You guys are so annoying. I don't know why I haven't left the band yet."

-❀-

"This is the studio! Sorry for the mess but you guys probably know what we're like anyways," Michael laughed.

I took in the scenery around me. There was a guitar stand with Luke, Michael and Calum's guitars. Ashton's drum kit was in back of the room. There were mics in front of the drums and amps sitting on the ground. This created a stage area. There were fairy lights hung up on the red-violet walls, and there were framed albums up on the walls. I wish I had a room just like this - I could live in it forever!

"This room looks so amazing, I wish I had something like this," I sighed.

"So we're gonna sing a few songs for you guys now," Calum smiled.

"YESS!!" Lia and I exclaimed at the same time. We sat down in front of them and watched as they plugged in their guitars and stood in place.

I saw you looking brand new overnight

I caught you looking, too, but you didn't look twice

You look happy

You look happy

I tried to contain my feelings as Calum and Luke began harmonising together.

Flashing back to New York City

Changing flights so you'd stay with me

Remember thinking that I got this right

Now I wish we'd never met

'Cause you're too hard to forget

While I'm cleaning up your mess

I know he's taking off your dress

And I know that you don't

But if I ask you if you love me

I hope you li-li-li-lie

Lie to me

"WOOOO!!!" Lia and I applauded and a huge smile was placed on their faces.

I love the light in your eyes and the dark in your heart

You love our permanent chase and the bite of our bark

We know we're classic together like Egyptian gold

We love us

I died. Calum's beautiful voice filled the room and we both stared into each other's eyes. It was almost as if he was singing this song directly to me.

It don't matter, be combative or be sweet cherry pie

It don't matter just as long as I get all you tonight

I can take you out, oh-oh

We can kill some time, stay home

Throw balloons, teddy bears and the chocolate eclairs await

Got nothing but love for you, fall more in love every day

Valentine, valentine

They sang Youngblood, More, Try Hard, Wherever You Are and Heartbreak Girl then finished their mini concert for us. More like I fall more in love with you every day.

--

warning: feels? maybe? 

contain yourselves. ;) 

lmao actually idk cuz im the writer and idk if ppl even like this book  but hey A* for effort? :) 

Emerald xx