Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Lyric rushed out of the skating rink into the alley.  Samson and a few of his guys had Elijah and Milo pinned against a wall and were handcuffing them. Kassie sat on the ground rocking back and forth holding Jason on her arms. Lyric ran over and sat next to her.

“How bad?” Lyric asked taking in the bloody cloth wrapped around his arm.

“Really bad.” Jason answered with a hint of laughter mixed with pain. He opened his eyes and looked at his Mom.  “You don’t have to cry mom I’m here.”

“I-I know.” Kassie said through her tears.

Lyric gazed at him and started crying. “I’m sorry.” She said “I’m sorry for leaving you.”

“Nah, it’ fine I know you meant well.” Jason said smiling “Just kidding. It wasn’t your fault I planned it that way.  I couldn’t see anything happen to you it was too much for me.” He stopped as a coughing fit racked through his body.

“Your dad should be here any minute he ran to find a phone.” Kassie said talking to Jason as she would a baby.

“I’m fine.” Jason weakly protested

  And ambulance soon arrived and took Jason, Jake and, Kassie away. Samson got Elijah and Milo off. And brought Lyric home.

“It has been a long night!” He announced

“I agree. Who shot the gun anyway?” Lyric asked

“Milo, when he found out that there was no money he freaked. When he saw us he freaked even more! Jason was in Elijah’s arms and Milo pointed it towards him if Elijah hadn’t thrown Jason out of the way he would have been dead.”

Lyric’s stomach turned “He saved Jason?”

“You could say that, of course there is no escaping the punishment he is in for. But at least he will have the satisfaction of knowing he saved someone.”

   A couple of weeks Later Jason was released.  Lyric was right at his door step to greet him. She ran into his arms breathing in the scent of cinnamon.

“How are you?” she asked as they walked inside.

“Better, much better. Well as long as you will stay with me.”  Jason added with a smile

“”Always.” Lyric smiled up at him. He was getting better and better every day. He had already gained most of his weight back in the week he had been home.  His was gaining his strength back. Lyric guessed in about a month he would be completely back to normal.

Jason started laughing and Lyric gazed at him with a questioning look. “You know?  I ended up not making it through high-school!” The two laughed hysterically. They walked through the meadow leading to their woods.

“God is so good!” Lyric exclaimed looking at the beauty around them.

“I agree, I could feel him with me when I was alone. I constantly had a peace. I felt his love for me.”

“His love is truly unforgettable.” Lyric added with a smile