Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Everyone was quiet at first then a multitude of noises were made. Lyric heard a plate dropping, spoons clattering to the wood floor, and lots of shocked words. Lyric looked at her Dad, His face was really pale but after a few seconds she saw him come back to life.

“Really?” he asked.

Ella nodded and smiled “Really.” she said crying tears of joy. Everyone got up to go give her a hug and a word of congratulations. Lyric made eye contact with her Dad and smiled. A new baby in the house. It was such an odd thought especially since the youngest was Sarah and she was thirteen. Lyric was very excited and thanked God for providing them with an amazing blessing such as a baby.

They spent the rest of the weekend celebrating by playing games, and eating lots of food. On Monday morning Drew and Ella went to the doctor to check on the baby.

 “The baby is healthy.” The doctor said with a smile

 Ella looked at Drew with an excited smile and Drew laughed.  His wife was like an eager child though he couldn’t blame her he was probably just as excited as she was. A baby was just what the family needed. He hoped that God would use this baby to bring the family together it be so good for everyone to be like a real family.

     Lyric walked next to her best friend, Jason, and laughed at his surprised face.

“Wait?” He said “You are telling me Ella is pregnant?”

“For the tenth time, YES!” Lyric yelled laughing.

“Man is that even possible?” He asked now laughing as well.

  “Oh Jason!” Lyric exclaimed.

      Jason had been her best friend since first grade they had been through everything together. When her mother had died he was right there, When he was made fun of for being such and awkward middle-schooler Lyric had been there patting him on the back encouraging him to ignore them.  Even though they were now juniors in High school nothing had changed they were still best friends and they still stood up for each other. The one thing that Lyric felt was different was the way she felt when she was around him. She couldn’t help notice how nice looking he was. His brown hair brushed over to the side, his green eyes sparkling in the sunlight, He was tall with broad shoulders and a big charming smile. It used to be just a normal exciting feeling when she was around him but now it was like there was a whole zoo in her stomach, her heat beat rapidly and her face flushed when he said her name. What was this feeling? Why is she feeling it now?

“Lyric? Were you even listening to me?” Jason asked laughing.

“Oh I am sorry! What did you say?”

“Well I was asking how Joshua was but never mind now! Hey I’ll race you to the library.”

It was a tradition for Lyric and Jason to go to the library on Mondays and study. It was also a tradition for Mr. Cooper, their English teacher to load them down with homework. Lyric didn’t mind though it was an excuse to get to stay later and hang out with Jason. The two ran to the library, which was only about two blocks away. When they got there they sat at their usual spot and studied for about an hour then Jason spotted something.

“Hey Lyric, Is that Kate?” He asked pointing to one of the tables in front of them.

Lyric looked to where he pointed and squinted. “That does look like Kate!” she thought looking at the girl in front of them. She had short brown hair and a grey t-shirt on. Lyric wished that she actually had paid attention to what Kate was wearing that day.