Unforgettable Love

Chapter 1

                Lyric sat straight up. Leaning over her was Kate, her step-sister. “Why are you still sleeping?” She asked “Do you not know what today is?”

 Lyric rubbed her sleepy eyes and replied “All I know is today is Saturday.”

“Exactly! Which means?”

 “We are supposed to sleep in?” Lyric threw herself back on the bed with a sigh “will I ever get to sleep in?” She thought.

“No! Wrong answer! It means you have chores to do...my chores.” Kate smirked, her green eyes looking more evil than ever.

“No!” Lyric got out of bed again and stood in Kate’s face “I am not doing it this time! I am so tired of you bossing me around!”

 Kate eyes grew wide and her normally pale face turned bright red. “MOTHER!!!” She screamed.

 Ella ran into the room with her youngest daughter, Sarah at her heels “Kate” she said trying to catch her breath “What is the matter?”

 “She called me a pig.” Kate said thrusting her finger at Lyric. Lyric opened her mouth to protest but quickly decided against it was no use Kate always won.

“Did you call her a pig Lyric?” Ella said glancing at Lyric with pleading eyes “Just deny it Lyric, please!”She thought.She was so tired of the girls fighting. Ever since she married Drew there was no end to the fighting, before when it was just her and the girls there was enough fighting but now throwing another in it was just almost too much to bear! She didn’t know what to do. Drew always knew what to say, but whenever she tried to discipline it always came out in a fury of screaming and yelling she couldn’t make herself rebuke her girls for yelling at each and other considering it was all she did. And now with something else about to happen she needed all the help she could get. She decided it was time to tell the family “Maybe when they hear, it will inspire them to pitch in more.”She thought.

“Yes” Lyric finally answered.

   Ella looked up at her and frowned “Well I guess you can just stay in your room for a little bit.” The three girls walked out leaving Lyric alone. Lyric sat on her bed and prayed “Why God? Why me?”  She remembered years ago when her Grandmother had died, She had felt as if she could die of grief. Her Mother had sat next to her stroking her hair “Shhhh Lyric it will be okay.”

“NO! It won’t be okay” Lyric said through fits of sobs “How can it be okay?” Her grandmother had been one of her best friends and just dying unexpectedly was too hard to bear.

“It will be okay” Her mother answered “Because God is here with you and it is not the end of the world even though it does feel like it.”

 “But Mom how do you know he is here?”

“I know because his word tells us that he will never leave us nor forsake us.”

“Never?” Lyric asked with a questioning look.

“Never” Her Mother replied “even to the end of the world.”

 Lyric remembered those words always. When she felt weak and alone they were her biggest comfort. Her thought were interrupted by a knock on the door “Knock, knock” Drew said poking his head in

“Oh! Hi Daddy” Lyric said suddenly aware that she had been crying.

 Drew walked in and smiled at the sight of his daughter. At sixteen she reminded him so much of her Mother, Tabitha, but though she looked like her mother she was definitely his child. She had his strong-willed, short tempered, quick thinking personality. Lyric forced a smile her jet-black hair in ringlets around her face and her deep blue eyes shining with tears. She always wondered why she had to cry at the worst times!