Chapter Five

Scarlet’s P.O.V

“Well?” I asked Harry as he lay down on his bed. He had just finished talking to Zayn.

He glanced at me, “He won’t say anything, he just says he’s in a relationship with Holly and that’s it”

I sighed, “Aren’t your lives ever simple?” I sat down on the bed.

Harry shook his head, “No, there’s a catch to almost everything we do. And then with arranged marriages, most of them are forced, and you can’t get out of them. But if let’s say Holly for instance, did something bad, or her family, or country annoyed my family, that marriage will be off”

“So, what called off your marriage with Holly?” I asked.

“Dad found her and Zayn snogging. He gave them a warning, and then a few days later saw them again” said Harry, “And that was that”

“You really didn’t care?” I asked.

Harry shook his head, as he stared at the ceiling. “Nope, she was starting to annoy me by then”

He turned on his side to face me. “What?” I asked cautiously. He had a grin on his face.

“You know-”

The door opened and the Queen walked in. She looked between Harry and I. I then quickly jumped up, “I’ll be right on it, Prince Harry” I said, leaving him with a confused look on his face, as I quickly ran out of the room.

I then looked out a passing window and saw they were getting to behead Deborah; they had just brought her up, and were getting her in position. My eyes widened, I couldn’t watch, but I couldn’t tear my eyes away. I subconsciously registered the Queen coming out of the room, and then Harry, follow her down the corridor the opposite way.

They raised the axe, and my eyes widened more. They brought it down; it was just inches away from her neck when somebody quickly hid my face in their chest, as they put their arms around me, rubbing my back as I cried. “Th-they killed her” I cried.

They kissed the top of my head, “I know” It was Zayn, not Harry like I had originally thought.

I lifted my head, and turned to look out the window “No, you don’t want to…” he said. He took a step back, pulling me with him, so I couldn’t look out the window, “Are you alright?”

I took a deep breath, “Yeah” I was a little shaky, Deborah hadn’t done much for me, but she, along with April and little Victoria, were the only people to give me a warm welcome. “I’ll be fine, thanks Zayn” I smiled at him.

He nodded, “Okay…”

My eyes widened “Oh my… But April won’t” I ran down the stairs as fast as I could, jumping two at a time, as I ran outside. I quickly ran to the back of the palace, where I found April sobbing into her hands. Right in front of her was…. Oh god, Zayn was right, I don’t want to see it, I swallowed before grabbing April’s arms, and helping her up.

“What…?” she asked.

“Okay, you really don’t need to sit here in front of… that” I gestured to the stuff in front of us. I pulled her away, and she sat against the front of her palace, I then sat beside her. She started sobbing again.

I wasn’t really sure what to do. “I’m sorry” I said, putting a hand on her shoulder comfortingly.

She was quiet for a little bit, “She…” April took a deep breath, and calmed herself. “She was my grandmother. She looked after me when my mother passed away. And then…” she wiped the tears from her eyes and cheeks. “She was there for my wedding that I didn’t want to happen. She comforted me, knowing how much I didn’t want to, and told me to do it for mum. I got married, to a guy I absolutely hated…” She took a few deep breaths, “Then, Victoria, she’s my daughter. She’s only four, I fell pregnant with her. She was two years old, and her father drowned. My grandmother then moved us to the palace, and got us jobs. And here we are today”