Chapter Fourteen

Scarlet’s P.O.V

April and I spun around to see Perrie with purple hair which was tinged blue. I clapped my hand over my mouth as Zayn rushed to her side. He swiftly spoke to her before placing his hand on her back and leading her out of the room. Perrie seemed distraught.

I glanced to the side to see Holly smiling smugly. My eyes widened as I realized what she had done. The purple and blue on Holly’s hands, the blue and purple streaks in Perrie’s hair gel. It all made sense.

King Des stood up, “I’m sorry for this inconvenience but this celebration tea is to be held tomorrow. If you could all leave this room it would be appreciated.”

Everyone stood up and began to walk out the door. April shook her head, “Something seems wrong.”

I raised an eyebrow, “Why?”

She looked at me, her curls bounced as she turned her head. “Because something just doesn’t add up.”

“Which is?” I asked.

She shook her head to show that she wasn’t saying anymore on the matter. “We better start cleaning up. You happy to start where the royals sit?”

I nodded, “Yeah alright.” I grabbed a tray off April and headed down to the table, where I started placing the plates on the tray. Someone ran up to me.

“What happened?” a voice asked.

I spun around to see Edward, panting as if he’d just run a marathon. “Honestly, I’m not a hundred precent sure.”

Edward rolled his brown eyes. “You aren’t much help.”

I laughed, “I’m never any help. April might have a better explanation.” I turned back around to pick up the rest of the plates.

“What about Holly?” Edward asked, as he rested his arms in front of him on the table.

I was quiet for a moment. “I don’t think she’d have the answer.” I replied as I picked up a wine glass and placed it carefully on the tray.

“You’re sure about that?” Edward asked.

I nodded, “Yes, I am. Please move.” I said as I cleared the wine glasses off the table.

Edward shook his head, and his curls bounced around his face. He grabbed the glasses himself and placed them on the tray. He grabbed the few plates left on the table. He went to place them on the tray I was holding but he decided otherwise. “Where do these go?”

I reached out to grab them off him but he held them over his head, and well beyond my reach. I glared at him, “In the kitchen.”

“Thank you,” he said before walking off down the hall.

I heard someone sigh from behind me. I spun around to see Harry, with a worried look. “Scarlet…” The way he said my name made my heart flutter but the tone in which it was used made me worry.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, as I watched him rub the back of his neck.

“Princess Perrie…” he said, as he slowly changed his gaze from the floor to my eyes, “Holly put colour in the hair gel… In an attempt to get rid of Princess Perrie…”

My eyes widened. I grabbed his wrist and placed the tray on the table, and then I pulled him over to the furthest corner in the room. “She did what and why?”

“She wants Zayn, so she came up with this idea to get rid of Princess Perrie, and April too…” Harry sighed, and ran a hand through his curls. It was pretty clear he was distressed.