Chapter Thirteen

Scarlet’s P.O.V

I just looked at April. “So, they all get to go to the church to witness the wedding, while the rest of us have to stay here and prepare the food?” I asked in disbelief.

April sighed and nodded, “Yep. It’s what happens when you’re a servant,” She handed me a platter that had Goose on it. “Here, can you place that in the middle table?”

I nodded, and took the platter off April. “Sure, would you like it at any specific end?” I asked.

She thought for a moment, “Yes, the left side please!”

April then rushed off to help Holly. I sighed and carried the heavy platter from the Servants Hall to the Dining Hall. The servants had just finished putting up the green and blue decorations, and they were now sweeping the floor.

I walked over to the table and barely managed to get the platter on the table. I then headed out of the room and back towards the servant hall. Just as I was walking past the entrance to the palace someone crashed into my shoulder at top speed. And sent us both flying onto the ground.

I let out a yelp as I collided with the ground. They quickly scrambled off me, “Scarlet! I didn’t mean to-sorry!”

I looked up to see Zayn standing there, looking quite worried. “I’m fine,” I replied as I sat up. I rubbed my arm.

“Oh good,” said Zayn before holding out his hand.

I grabbed it and he helped me up, “Why were you running?” I asked, as I smoothed out my dress.

“Oh that’s right! They others, the servants need to finish, they’ll be here in about five minutes!” Said Zayn, “They need to hurry up and finish!” Zayn gestured to the palace walls were some tapestry was still being hung.

“Alright, we need to find Holly and April, and tell them. The servants don’t listen to me,” I said, as I turned to leave.

“I’ll find April, and you find Holly, alright?” asked Zayn.

“Uhh... Sure!” I said before we both ran off in different directions.

I found Holly coming out of Perrie’s room. Her eyes widened when she saw me, and her hands slid behind her back. “Can I help you?” she asked, rudely.

“Yes actually, you can. The servants need to be told to hurry up, as the others will be here in five minutes.” I replied back.

“Can’t you tell April?” she asked.

“Prince Zayn is doing that,” I replied.

Her expression hardened and her eyes narrowed. She muttered something under her breath and stormed past me. I glanced at her hands. They were tinged purple.

Princess Perrie walked past me, “I need your aid,” She turned into her room.

I slowly followed her in, “Yes?”

She tossed something into my hand, “My hair needs a little bit of gel,”

I squeezed the contents of the bottle onto my hand. It was clear, except for a little bit of purple and a streak of blue. I shrugged and started fixing Perrie’s hair. “Done,” I said as I wiped my hands on my dress.

“I am grateful for your aid,” she replied before walking out of the room.

I walked out into the hallway, and down towards the servants room. Someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around to see Harry. He gave me a smile. “Here,” he handed me the green dress I had bought in the shop. “You might need it,”